• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

Article: How To Beat Brain Fog And Get Your Brain Back: A Guide For Superior Brain Performance

๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐“๐จ ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ ๐๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐…๐จ๐  ๐€๐ง๐ ๐†๐ž๐ญ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐๐š๐œ๐ค: ๐€ ๐†๐ฎ๐ข๐๐ž ๐…๐จ๐ซ ๐‘๐ž๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐’๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ซ ๐๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž (๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐€ ๐’๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐…๐จ๐  ๐’๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฏ๐ข๐ฏ๐จ๐ซ)

As a goal achiever, the pressure to perform at our peak is always there. Brain fog does not fit into this world, as I learned the hard way. This just canโ€™t be a debilitating barrier to achieving high performance in your life. So, Iโ€™m here to tell you itโ€™s fixable. My own was absolutely severeโ€”I couldnโ€™t even follow meetings without having to bail at itโ€™s worst. But I am a stubborn little git and devoted two years to overcoming this in my late 20s. Hereโ€™s everything I learned. ENJOY!

(1) Your Brain Isnโ€™t Broken, Itโ€™s Just Inflamed: Brain fog is NOT a result of your genetics or a drop in IQ. Youโ€™re NOT stupid and you havenโ€™t lost your mind. If youโ€™re really suffering, you need to trust me on this one: itโ€™s just something called neuroinflammation. And it can all go away. This can be reversed, with patience and compassion. Iโ€™ve been through the worst of it, unable to function in society, but now I support my entire tribe in being their best. Now youโ€™re here, youโ€™ve found the road map. So read on!

(2) Lifestyle Degeneration - Time To Learn A New Way: If youโ€™ve ended up in brain fog, let it be your wake up call, and be thankful itโ€™s not something worse. Chronic stress, excessive screen time, indoor living, non native EMF, poor sleep, and lack of physical activity are a breeding ground for absolutely brutal brain fog. Your lifestyle, is not supporting your biology. Thatโ€™s a you problem. The modern world makes it easy to fall into unhealthy habits that start to inflame our brain. Until youโ€™re in full on brain fog. You have no choice but to take control of your biology. Itโ€™s your responsibility, no one elses. The good news? The keys to high performance are within reach, IF you learn from this. In sum, stop the behaviors that put you in this state and start reclaiming the amazing brain you were born with. More on this later.

(3) Yes, It Is 100% Fixable: I spent a long time searching for solutions and often felt frustrated. Imagine piecing all of this together over years, with severe brain fog. Yeah, not fun. But brain fog is absolutely fixable. I have continued my study of this subject 5 years on from fixing my own case, and now, I really like Dr. Christopher Palmerโ€™s book, "Brain Energy," where he outlines how brain metabolism can be restored. Itโ€™s a comprehensive resource that aligns with the principles I discovered through my journey. Great minds and all that
๐Ÿ˜‰

(4) The Two Switches to Flip: To restore mental clarity, focus on (A) Autophagy and Apoptosis, these processes that help your brain cleanse itself of toxins and dead cells, (B) Mitochondrial Rejuvenation - the process which will revitalize your brainโ€™s energy factories to achieve top performance. For (A) I recommend fasting and/or ketosis. For (B) I recommend you implement circadian principles into your lifestyle, cold exposure, grounding/earthing, exercise, heat exposure, and sleep optimization.

(5) Activating the Brainโ€™s Self-Cleansing Mechanism: Autophagy is the brainโ€™s way of removing toxins and senescent materials. The best method I found was fasting or a fasting-mimicking diet like ketosis. I fasted two days a week, which significantly improved my brain performance. As we clear toxins and restore brain function, the fog slips away. Now you now how crucial this is, you can find an approach that works for you. Induce autophagy, and this ordeal will be over soon.

(6) Sleep Optimization: Quality sleep is crucial for not only activating autophagy, but also healing the energy units of the brain, our mitochondria. Watch the sunrise and sunset, ensure your environment is dark after sunset, stay hydrated, and consume DHA daily. These habits will help your brain mitochondria recover, and if you stick at them, you will see your brain performance soar.

(7) Nasal Breathing & Brain Oxygenation: Mouth breathing at night ruins brain health, and will keep you in this fog. In the worst brain fog cases Iโ€™ve seen, we didnโ€™t get their performance dialed down until they worked through many layers of building optimal sleep. Apply microporous tape to your lips at night, tape it up! Learn to establish baseline nasal breathing. I did it through the Buteyko method, which I am an advanced student of. Devices like the myobrace can further enhance sleep quality, by training the tongue to stay where nature needs it to be. Myofunctional therapy may also be necessary for some. Donโ€™t leave money on the table. Sleep for healing and performance, and it will lead to better brain function.

(8) DHA for Brain Health: Consuming marine fish like mackerel, sardines, and oysters is essential. These sources of DHA cross the blood-brain barrier and reduce inflammation. Make DHA a daily part of your diet for optimal brain health. This is just a lifestyle choice. Every day you do it, youโ€™ll heal.

(9) Hydration: Proper hydration is vital for brain function. Aim for 3 to 4 liters of non-fluoridated water daily. Dehydration can severely impact brain energy production, so make hydration a priority. Your foggy brain will need all pieces of this to be dialed in, and youโ€™ll be through it in due time.

(10) Exercise - A Powerful Ally: Exercise oxygenates the brain, supports neurogenesis, and is a powerful ally in overcoming brain fog. Commit to a consistent exercise routine to sustain robust brain function.

You apply every layer of this guide to your lifestyle, and your approach to performance, and youโ€™ll not only overcome brain fog, but also unlock new levels of productivity and mental clarity. Your mission and your team depend on your peak performanceโ€”take it seriously. Youโ€™ll wake up in 6 months thankful that you did.

Any questions, fire away! More than happy to help.

-Ravi
May be an image of 1 person

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this, I agree with everything here. As an extra note for anyone who struggles with mood disorders--try and pick an omega 3 supplement that is at least 60% EPA (<40% DHA). While DHA is important for general inflammation, EPA seems to be more directly impactful when it comes to mental health.
Harvard Med

Thank you for this, I agree with everything here. As an extra note for anyone who struggles with mood disorders--try and pick an omega 3 supplement that is at least 60% EPA (<40% DHA). While DHA is important for general inflammation, EPA seems to be more directly impactful when it comes to mental health.
Harvard Med
agree, but f omega 3 supps they don't have JACK SHIT

you gotta get this:
ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2024-05-17 22.05.51.png

canned mackerel/sardines. this shit has 2500mg of EPA per can!!! also it's miso flavored so it tastes good as fuck!!!

most supps only have like 200mg of EPA per serving or something

agree, but f omega 3 supps they don't have JACK SHIT

you gotta get this:
View attachment 88

canned mackerel/sardines. this shit has 2500mg of EPA per can!!! also it's miso flavored so it tastes good as fuck!!!

most supps only have like 200mg of EPA per serving or something
holy shit I've literally never heard of this. why be an omega 3 capsule VIRGIN when you can be a canned mackeral CHAD and get your protein too?? I gotta try these in japan

Thank you, will do some research, could elaborate on particular/actionable protocols that worked for you in this area:
For (A) I recommend fasting and/or ketosis. For (B) I recommend you implement circadian principles into your lifestyle, cold exposure, grounding/earthing, exercise, heat exposure, and sleep optimization.

Also, this is the probably the best omega 3 there is based on content:

Hey MAC how long should I be looking to be grounding everyday and what amount of time for cold/heat exposure

Supplements are useful, but no replacement for DHA from marine fish.

Anyone serious about performance, gets DHA from marine fish, daily.

"
DHA or Docisahexaenoic Acid may be the most important thing you eat.
Around 600 million years ago life forms expanded dramatically on our planet in a period called the Cambrian Explosion. It is thought that DHA had a lot to do with that.
DHA makes up much of your brain and retina and is an essential fatty acid. Shellfish and other fish are the best sources of this superfood.
DHA is 10x higher in breast milk than in cows milk, so keep that in mind.
DHA also has critical quantum properties which allow it to essentially transcribe light into chemical energy in the brain.
Eat more fish!
https://www.terrapub.co.jp/.../fs/wfc2008/pdf/wfcbk_057.pdf"

Hey MAC how long should I be looking to be grounding everyday and what amount of time for cold/heat exposure

Grounding: Start w/ 10m. If you really need a push, work up to 45m.

Cold exposure: Start with cold showers. 1 min is fine. Work up to 5m. Work up to ice baths over time. Years if needed. 5m In the ice tub, consistently, will be enough.

The advice in the guide, if applied, will help considerably

Back