• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

Canon eos rp, what's wrong with the interval timer?

Thrice

This is the camera that Andy reccomends, so i have a question, any of you was able to use the interval timer?

for example 10 shots, spaced out 2 seconds, so the camera take 10 shots of you without having to move, with 2 seconds after every shot to move a bit and change posture

I feel retarded for not beign able to do something simple like that,the problem is that the canon eos rp might not have this option

I just bought this remote which works beautifully because you don’t have to keep your finger on the shutter release button. You can set a delay and choose how long the camera will continue taking pictures for. Tried Andy’s remote too but this one has more functionality

Example: I set a 5 second delay and then tell the camera to shoot on continuous low speed for the next 5 seconds (it won’t be one picture every 2 seconds, I’m not sure if you can set that up. I just started playing around with it)

Disclaimer, I bought the EOS R but it should be the same

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CG5MG2B?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Hard2Focus said:
You'll find your answer in the user manual:
https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300033693/02/eosrp-ug2-en.pdf - Page 176

did you do it yourself? because it dosen't work

Paid Renegade said:
I set a 5 second delay and then tell the camera to shoot on continuous low speed for the next 5 seconds

i don't understand, what does the camera do in this case? 5 fast pictures in 5 seconds?

Thrice It will continue shooting for the full 5 seconds (or however long you set), at around 4-5 shots per second or whatever the camera speed is. The RP is a tad slower than the R

It’s like holding down the shutter on continuous low

Thrice said:
Hard2Focus said:

I use this all the time on my EOS RP. Can confirm it works. There's a menu you have to press "ok" or "confirm" or something or it won't work, and when I first tried I kept forgetting to do that. Could be what you're doing.

https://youtu.be/V_aFLjasfnA

Found this youtube video showing how to make it work. Watched it with sound off but it looks legit.

You have to turn it on every time you use it... if you use it then stop the timer, it's off until you go in the menu and turn it on again.

Also a trick I don't think is in the video - set the interval to 00:00:00 and it'll just keep shooting until you turn off the camera.

MILFandCookies Interesting, I tried following along with the EOS R and this feature doesn’t appear to be included with that camera. I believe you have both cameras, yeah? Wonder if you can confirm. Seems weird that only the RP would have this.

Paid Renegade said:
@MILFandCookies Interesting, I tried following along with the EOS R and this feature doesn’t appear to be included with that camera. I believe you have both cameras, yeah? Wonder if you can confirm. Seems weird that only the RP would have this.

Yeah I can confirm... the EOS R does not have an interval timer. The remote someone else mentioned on Amazon is a solution though.

Thrice said:
Hard2Focus said:

I set it up exactly as the manual says and it works just like described - with my camera at least. Idk what the problem could be.

Edit:
For reference I have the EOS R and not the RP.

Edit 2:
Nevermind, I've got the RP.

Also, Thrice I can confirm that the remote I linked earlier will allow you to take photos at 2 second intervals as well as rapid fire. Just set the camera drive mode to single shooting and set the remote interval to 2 seconds and choose the number of shots you want to take. It will take a photo every 2 seconds until you tell it to stop and there’s no need to go reset the camera. Sounds like you may not need to buy a remote for the RP though.

MILFandCookies said:
I use this all the time on my EOS RP. Can confirm it works

not available on remote with the app, it works if you're holding the camera and taking shots yourself, but i need it for self portraits using the app

Paid Renegade said:
Sounds like you may not need to buy a remote for the RP though.

i will buy it, i do need it, the interval timer on the canon eos rp woks only if you press the shutter button manually

Thrice said:
MILFandCookies said:
I use this all the time on my EOS RP. Can confirm it works

not available on remote with the app, it works if you're holding the camera and taking shots yourself, but i need it for self portraits using the app

Paid Renegade said:
Sounds like you may not need to buy a remote for the RP though.

i will buy it, i do need it, the interval timer on the canon eos rp woks only if you press the shutter button manually

I use the interval timer on my RP, press it manually, then get into position. Still very convenient, you don't need to remotely start the timer.

MILFandCookies said:
I use the interval timer on my RP, press it manually, then get into position. Still very convenient, you don't need to remotely start the timer.

i just bought the remote trigger, i like to focus on my face and than press the remote

Back