• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

Fashion and cold approach

JamalHash123

Hey boys

I've been smashing out sum cold approaches and getting good results. around 160 approaches and 6 lays.

However, contrary to GLL's mantra of "edgy>all" I got 4/6 lays when I was wearing dressier outfits (oxford shirts/chinos/loafers or a suit).

Now...I do live in a very cosmopolitan city (think New York/London) where wealth/classic menswear is positively correlated with status (contrast LA/SF).

I didn't track my results re: what I was wearing but my gut says that I probably only did 30% of my cold approaches when wearing "dressy" outfits but I actually got the majority of lays when wearing dressy outfits.

Small sample size but this suggests that I overachieve when I'm in a dressy outfit.

Several theories as to this:

1. I'm in a city where dressiness is correlated with status because wealth and a high status bougie job (ie jobs in which suits are mandatory, ie finance/law/consulting) is correlated with status and it generally costs more to look good when being dressier (again, think NY vs Chris's LA or even Sydney/Melbourne where dressing up is 'gay' or 'too much')

2. I'm not muscular enough to generate visceral attraction from an edgy outfit (I actually have a rather skinny frame so I barely look like I lift even in t shirts)

3. I'm more comfortable in dressy outfits (it's more my style) and this is subcommunicated in how I talk to girls (I don't think this is true because I actually enjoy wearing t shirts and shorts more, but I get treated much better by the general public/salespeople when I'm in dressy outfits so this can contribute to my confidence)

4. I look too young and the dressy outfits help me look older

5. I'm not hot enough and I need to rely on the "wealth" angle rather than the "hot" angle to get lays (possibly but unlikely, 3/4 of the "dressy" lays were first night bangs)

I think it's a combination of the above tbh.

Note that I do have a baby face so I look very young (girls routinely ask me if I'm 21/22).

Obviously the one thing that jumps out to me is that I need to get more muscular. It's inexcusable that I routinely get asked "you actually go to the gym???"

Now I will note that I definitely noticed that I got a lot more girls looking for BFs when I was in a dressy outfit. IE girls that weren't DTF when they came out on a date with me. Obviously that's because dressy outfits convey more of a boyfriend angle and also imply wealth.

Thoughts? Thx.

3 of your theories rely on looks. We cant comment since you've not posted pics of yourself.

Another one relies on your area, which is kept generic since " live in a very cosmopolitan city (think New York/London) where wealth/classic menswear is positively correlated with status (contrast LA/SF)"

And for the last one, we'll need to see you talk live.

So my thoughts are that we cant offer any thoughts.

Radical said:
Can you post pics of the style with the head cropped out?

Dressy (when not in a suit for work) would be something almost identical to this - dude in photo has same body type but he’s maybe 2 inches taller and has 50% better facial features genetically: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzScXRqAx8Q/

Non dressy is usually t shirts and shorts for errands with white ultraboosts/stan smiths, leaning towards athleisure, like this (Jose is more muscular and is taller than me https://www.instagram.com/p/CEZmsG1pLyT/?igshid=1wmb4xxbhjqc2

When in a suit for work it’s like this - no tie, white shirt, dark suit (Jose has the same skinny frame as me but he’s has more muscles and he’s around 2-3 inches taller) https://www.instagram.com/p/B35yHErFcf9/?igshid=1xivwhuu0lfj1

Since you've mentioned several times wanting to pack on some muscle mass, do you have a gym / bulking log?

Back