• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

Hinge has the strangest algorithm...anyone agree?

HunterBulg911

So Im not too frequent of a person on these forums, but I wanted to talk about Hinge and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has recognized this.

So I found Hinge to be the complete reverse of what Tinder/Bumble are in terms of algorithm. I recently remade my account, and I realized that on Hinge, you don't get a noobie boost like you would from the other apps. You get the bottom of the barrel for a bit of time, then upwards til about a week you are stuck with that.

It usually normalizes afterwards, but that usually takes a bit of time, which is sort of annoying because it drives people away from the app. Anyone else notice or experience this, and what to do to get around this?

I normally just wait it out, but this time it felt a bit odd because I did two 24 hr boosts and I only got 1 (!) match. No brag or anything, Normally boosts would get me at the very least double digit matches before and I was sitting on almost 500 matches before I remade my account so it seemed sort of odd for sure...maybe I shouldnt have boosted right away.

I tried using Hinge in the past but barely got any matches so I deleted it. I'm planning on creating another one soon, so it's good to know that I need to just wait out the first week.

Let us know if you get over the newbie hump and start getting a lot of matches.

Ah, yes, it drives "people" away from the app. Hinge was designed to solve womens' problems with OLD, under the theory that you need to attract women, and the guys will follow regardless.

While the interfaces for men and women on hinge are different, the use and experience will be completely different. Only seeing ugly guys to swipe on at first, for an attractive woman, is a non-issue, since she will mostly be responding to messages. Meanwhile, showing guys only the profiles of unattractive women will quickly discourage unattractive men with bad profiles (while also giving unattractive women some attention). Attractive guys are still a dime a dozen, so enough of them stick around to get graded to keep the attractive women entertained. Also, I noticed an immediate jump in the attractiveness of women I saw when I improved my pics - I don't think it takes a week.

Back