• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

HPV vaccine needed before sex?

Hi guys,

I did some research about this but couldn't find a definite answer.
I never had sex before and in order to not get HPV, I was told by my co worker that I need to get vaccinated before having sex (even with condom). Is that true?
The most popular HPV vaccine is Gardasil, which prevents certain cancers like cervical (in women) and other genital cancers.
Is it such a big deal?

Thanks a lot guys!

diamondbackbike said:
Hi guys,

I did some research about this but couldn't find a definite answer.
I never had sex before and in order to not get HPV, I was told by my co worker that I need to get vaccinated before having sex (even with condom). Is that true?
The most popular HPV vaccine is Gardasil, which prevents certain cancers like cervical (in women) and other genital cancers.
Is it such a big deal?

Thanks a lot guys!

Your co-worker is paranoid.

I got 2 of the 3 doses of Gardasil (still somewhat effective even as-is) but tbh it's not needed.

HPV in most people is asymptomatic. In women it can rarely lead to cervical cancer. In everyone it can rarely result in genetal warts.

But like I said, most of the time it's asymptomatic.

MILFandCookies said:
Your co-worker is paranoid.

I got 2 of the 3 doses of Gardasil (still somewhat effective even as-is) but tbh it's not needed.

HPV in most people is asymptomatic. In women it can rarely lead to cervical cancer. In everyone it can rarely result in genetal warts.

But like I said, most of the time it's asymptomatic.

Thank you! Sounds like I don't need to worry much about getting the shot then. If even we got it, it will be mostly asymptomatic and we wouldn't know we had it.

I got it when I was a teenager. I don't know if I would say it's needed, but it certainly doesn't hurt. I myself am very afraid of STDs, so vaccines for things like HPV give me peace of mind.

Back