• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

Pic advice: Catalogue shoot

Laurelius

Hey everyone!

A friend of mine got me a modeling gig. It's for a catalog, so the focus was on the clothes. That means I couldn't pose much, and the angles were pretty much the same.

Still, I think there could be one good picture to add to my profile 🙌

Here it is.

What do you think?

The background is pretty distracting. Would be better with a smaller depth of field.

My favs are 5546, 5771, 6413, or 5863.

Honestly none of them.
You need to look like a fuckboy.
The shirts don't fit tight enough and the expressions don't have that confident look.
I know you were restricted with what you could do here.

Get better pics where you're wearing attire from Radical's style guide.
Get more interesting venues for your shoots
And research confident male poses to get an idea of what the expressions and poses should be.

And then take over a thousand pics.

That should get you some decent pictures.

My first impression is that you definitely need to spice whatever photo you select up in some way. I get that focus was on the clothes, but in my opinion the lighting bad + you look tired and/or or high, no offence! Going forward I'd also recommend you looking into simple grooming: just defining your jawline / getting rid of the neck beard would help a _lot_ in looking sharper whenever photo-ops like this show up.

Tried to do a quick edit, not super happy with the result but there's a lot you can do (but a bad photo is hard af to work with).
I removed a lot of spots, tried to even out the redness around your eyes and added simple stuff like lights and vignetting. Not saying I have the know-it-all when it comes to editing, I mean jeez there are professional photographers on this forum.
DQHzmAG.jpg

Ya. I mean you're profile pic is good. Expression could be better. But that can be edited with FaceApp.

I just think these clothing shoots just miss the mark.

Here's my profile.

Keep in mind.
+ Over 1000 pictures and I'm using only 4.
+ All of these pictures are heavily edited. My complexion sucks, I've made my jawline more clear, and corrected my facial expressions using FaceApp in all of these.

Results: more than 1 lay average per week when I was going hard over the last 6 weeks.

- Keep in mind I was boosting 20x per week and had nothing else going on in my life besides work and tryna tag some girls.

Back