Advice on finding a photographer (UK)

s_aitch

Hi guys, I'm thinking about paying for a photoshoot to improve my Tinder photos but can't find decent photographers in my city. All the local ones on google either shoot wedding/family photos or stock-style photos with the exception of one okay looking option who charges £150 for one hour and five photos. I checked for local photography groups on facebook and the portfolios of the people posting looked like they had just picked up a camera for the first time.

Are there any websites like Fiverr for freelance photographers or does anyone have recommendations for where to look? Also how much should I expect to budget for a 1-2 hour shoot in the UK (obviously depends a lot but looking for ballpark)?

Have you tried Instagram? Specifically, look at models in your city and see who's taking their photos. Ask them for referrals if needed.

pancakemouse said:
Have you tried Instagram? Specifically, look at models in your city and see who's taking their photos. Ask them for referrals if needed.

Cheers, it seems like there aren't a tonne of models/influencers in my city but I managed to find a few photographers via your suggestion. I also posted in a couple of photographer/model groups and got about 20 replies which I'm sifting through now.

Anyone who's done a photoshoot in the UK before I'd be interested to know how much it cost.

I paid 120 for an hour with the guy I use, I used to use someone else but they gave worse results and cost significantly more. So price and quality seems to vary.

Worth trying to find award winning portraiture or lifestyle photographers in the area for another search idea.

TBH most of the variance in quality I've found is in the number of shots taken and my own knowledge of locations, how to pose for photos and shooting during golden hour.

Back