Am I ready for a shirtless pic on Tinder?

whiteknite321

Hey. I posted on here a little while back for a tinder photo review, and I definitely have a lot to work on. The photos were all phone camera shots and frankly looked terrible. I did finally get a DSLR camera (Nikon D3100, I got a great deal on it from Craigslist,) and I can start taking better photos in a couple days when the tripod and remote get here.

After reading through Andy's tinder guide, especially the part about taking photos, it seems to me that shirtless pics are a high risk/high reward type of deal. I'm pretty dedicated at the gym, and I consider my body to be a good advantage of mine, but I don't want a shirtless photo to be off-putting to a girl.

My question here is do you think it would be a good idea to post a shirtless pic on Tinder, or should I wait until I'm a little more built/lean? Here's some samples. I threw in a pic with a tank just to show what a halfway shirtless pic would resemble.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QnuCpA3rD5ym_ptzomT67WRPL6AX2CWc?usp=sharing

NOTE: I would certainly not be putting these photos on there. The lighting and focus is pretty bad cause I'm still getting used to this photography thing. This is just meant to show you what I've got to work with right now.

I appreciate any replies, (I shaved my chest for this you know! Never thought I'd say that.)

I'd lean towards yes, IF the lighting were perfect.

I'm not sure why but your biceps and shoulders look really underdeveloped in your back double biceps pose. But in your most muscular they look fine...

Yeah man, I agree with pancakemouse. You're like PRACTICALLY there. Like you said lighting isn't the best cuz it's just for demonstration. If you can get overhead lighting that makes your abs pop just a smidge, you'll be good.

I'd say, if you can get a well lit "candid" shot where it "makes sense" that you would be naturally shirtless (swimming, hot tub, playing a sport, gym) do it. But if it's just a selfie/portrait/fuckboy mirror pose, I wouldn't post on tinder just yet. I feel those fuckboy poses only work if you are close to God tier in shape. You'll get there though.

Either way good work. You got a solid start Keep hitting the gym and eating well. It's a process

Back