BKennedy's Progress Log & Random Thoughts

BKennedy3's Personal Log: September 20, 2023

Workout:
-Plank (3 sets)
-Kettlebell Goblet Squat (3 sets x 20 reps, 25 lbs)
-Kettlebell Sumo Squat (3x10, 25 lbs)
-Kettlebell Lunge (3x10, 25 lbs)
-Kettlebell Swing (4x20, 25 lbs)
-Body Weight Leg Extension (4x20)

Nutrition:
-Calories: 2017
-Protein: 154g
-Fat: 41g
-Carbs: 239g

BKennedy3's Personal Log: September 21st, 2023

Tomorrow I fly out to California, where I'll stay until October 3rd. I probably won't be too active on here since I'll want to focus on exploring the city and enjoying myself in a new place.

Anyway, today's fitness update:

Workout:
-One-Arm Dumbbell Row (3 sets x 8 reps, 30 lbs)
-Smith Machine Bench Press (3x6, 111 lbs)
-Machine Incline Chest Press (3x5, 150 lbs)
-Overhead Press Machine (3x8, 90 lbs)
-Lat Pulldown Machine (3x6, 130 lbs)
-Dumbbell Lateral Raise (4x10, 60 lbs)

Nutrition:
-Calories: 2083
-Protein: 153g
-Fat: 65g
-Carbs: 237g

BKennedy3's Personal Log: October 3rd, 2023

Just got back from Southern California. It was an amazing experience! I do enjoy traveling not just for seeing and experiencing new places, but also as an opportunity to try things I may not be able to at home and to experiment with new ways of presenting myself. I know I said I would, but sadly I didn't end up doing any approaches, but I did end up having sex during my trip.

A couple highlights include:
-Staying in a hostel for the first time. I really liked the social atmosphere and met some cool new friends there. I'll definitely be hosteling again when I travel.
-Visited a nude beach for the second time ever. My first experience was at Gunnison Beach in New Jersey, and after the initial hurdle of "Oh my god I'm naked around strangers" I found it a very freeing experience. I think if more people had experiences like this it would go a long way toward curing some of the sexual and bodily neuroses our culture has.
-Hung out at the beach and swam in the Pacific for the first time.
-Saw some really amazing art.
-Ate some really good food.
-Fucked someone new. We had been talking on Twitter for a while and made a plan to meet up on one of the days I was in LA. This is one of the things I love about preferring men; it's easier to arrange a "date" with one, sight unseen, compared to women. Plus, he was a really good bottom. I might make the experience the first entry in my fuckjournal (preliminary working title).
-Met up with a friend from college. He's studying at one of the schools near LA now, and we made a plan to meet up while I was in town. Unfortunately he had a really intense group project so we only had a few minutes, but we did have a good conversation.

As for life lessons, I think the biggest takeaway from my trip is that humans are social creatures. We thrive when we're part of a community, and we shrivel and waste away when we feel isolated. I used to identify as an introvert, and in some ways I still am one, but now I realize that for much of my life I used that as a crutch to avoid confronting my shyness.

Before my hostel experience, I would feel isolated when I travel, since I can often go through an entire trip without speaking to anyone other than purely utilitarian conversations with service workers. Now, I'll be sure to stay in hostels whenever I can; the lack of privacy is more than made up for by the opportunities for connection. Besides, I can always get a private room.

And take my friend as another example. He had an intense group project, plus the fact that I visited him during a big religious holiday (he's Jewish), meant that he was really stressed. But just our brief talk made him feel better. Plus, we both shared stories of our nude experiences at beaches, which brought us closer through shared experience. I'm glad to know him.

Anyway, I'll go back to my regularly scheduled workout updates starting tomorrow. I was too worn out from getting back home to want to do anything else.

BKennedy3's Personal Log: October 4th, 2023

Workout:
-Kettlebell Deadlift (4 sets x 10 reps, 25 lbs)
-Kettlebell Row (3x15, 25 lbs)
-Kettlebell Single-Arm Row (3x15, 25 lbs)
-Pull Up (3x4)
-Band Delt Row (3x15)
-Band Bicep Curl (3x21)

Nutrition:
-Calories: 2141
-Protein: 156g
-Fat: 52g
-Carbs: 236g

BKennedy3's Personal Log: October 5th, 2023

Workout:
-Plank (2 sets x 60 secs)
-Hanging Knee Raises (2x10)