Does Hinge penalize liking every profile?

sweetchoco

For the sake of automation and simplicity: Say you like+message every profile on Hinge. Will your elo/profile performance be penalized, as Tinder does? Any experiences or sources?

It's hard to say whether they penalize for doing it, but I'd hypothesize that your elo is less important on Hinge versus Tinder/Bumble.

The reason is that Tinder and Bumble require premium memberships to view your likes, whilst Hinge does not. I'd wager that most girls go through their likes list instead, meaning that as long as you send the like she will have the potential to match with you. It's also why swiping matters more on Hinge.

This theory seems to hold true because if I stop swiping then I stop getting matches.

I've never heard of this happening, but I also don't see why it would be necessary. If you're on the free plan, there's absolutely no reason for this, as taking the time to like 8 profiles a day is trivial.

If you're on the paid plan, I'd wager you run out of profiles pretty quick doing this.

sweetchoco said:
For the sake of automation and simplicity: Say you like+message every profile on Hinge. Will your elo/profile performance be penalized, as Tinder does? Any experiences or sources?

Are you planning on making a bot?

pancakemouse said:
If you're on the paid plan, I'd wager you run out of profiles pretty quick doing this.

I ended up automating swiping on Hinge on a preferred plan. I am still to run out of profiles in a large metropolis. Has been working really well so far, generating 100+ conversations in two weeks.

sweetchoco said:
pancakemouse said:

I ended up automating swiping on Hinge on a preferred plan. I am still to run out of profiles in a large metropolis. Has been working really well so far, generating 100+ conversations in two weeks.

Do you think it would be cost-effective both time and money wise to get a one month preferred plan, hit it hard, let it rest a few weeks, and then try again? I’ve had success resuscitating old matches via on cycle of that on hinge

Back