How do my clothes/outfits look?

spencers94 said:
Hey everyone,

Can someone have a look at my tinder photos and give me some feedback on how they look/the vibe the give off? I’m curious about others’ perspectives.
The bottom one is the first photo, the top is the second one, the third is the third and the second is the last one.
Thanks!
the same white car in 3 photos? if i'm right and i noticed, girls will notice it right away

AskTheDom said:
That vest seems to have blots of sweat before even you sweated :D

Also, the fit of it, make you ratio to shoulders looks smaller, so i would avoid that

I think that has to do with the wash of the jacket (some spots are a bit darker than others) and shadows (since the jacket was tad wrinkled as it has to be line dried). I promise the jacket was totally dry here! haha

Are you suggesting a smaller size? This one is a medium, but the small was way too tight. Would you suggest I get the shoulders tailored?

I would just avoid vests now, you have a skater figure (while me even though i skate it looks like a water buffalo on wheels) so maybe you can borrow their style with edgy t shirts?

Kratos said:
spencers94 said:
Hey everyone,

Can someone have a look at my tinder photos and give me some feedback on how they look/the vibe the give off? I’m curious about others’ perspectives.
The bottom one is the first photo, the top is the second one, the third is the third and the second is the last one.
Thanks!

Your outfit choices are good, but my first thoughts are all up your combination of pics bit bland. I'd suggest aiming for a good headshot/close in waist up shot with nothing else really going on in the photo as your first so people can see exactly what you look like. Maybe an activity shot or two and you're on the right track.

Thanks! I swapped out my main photo for a closer shot again, so I'll see how that works out. I've been playing around with different shots as the main one, but the close up makes the most sense. I'll think of some activity shots I can include and see where it goes! I can't wait to give that a shot (literally and figuratively). :lol:

AskTheDom said:
spencers94 said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
the same white car in 3 photos? if i'm right and i noticed, girls will notice it right away

Yes, it's the same car. I'm going to keep it to just one.

AskTheDom said:
I would just avoid vests now, you have a skater figure (while me even though i skate it looks like a water buffalo on wheels) so maybe you can borrow their style with edgy t shirts?

That sounds pretty awesome! I like that idea a lot. I use to skate as a kid, loved playing Tony Hawk games too haha. I'll look at some pictures and try to put together some badass outfits and post them here. Thanks!

I found an outfit online that I like. Unfortunately the Vans store didn’t have the shoes that the guy is wearing in my size, so I tried some other ones. I’ve tried necklaces before, but I honestly don’t care for having something around my neck.

I already have similar shorts and plenty of shirts that look like his. I found some interesting graphic shorts at Zumiez that I like. While I’ve pulled away from clothing with graphics, I like the ones with the purple design a lot. Let me know what you think! As i found the shoes and shorts at separate stores, I couldn’t put everything together.

I’m looking at other potential outfits, so I’ll be sure to shop around for other stuff, but just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Looks alright. Idea is nice, looks like the t shirt could be tighter.
Im sure you are aware of this, but you need to add mass to your upper body asap. You have wide hips and nearmy everything you wear is gonna suffer because of it (atleast summer attires)
Hell id skip leg day if i was you.
To try and counter this abit try an oversized shirt.
I dont mean just going up a size, theres t shirts that are designed to be oversized, that might help you abit.
My 2 cents anyway

Olafsmash said:
Im sure you are aware of this, but you need to add mass to your upper body asap. You have wide hips and nearmy everything you wear is gonna suffer because of it (atleast summer attires)
I dont mean just going up a size, theres t shirts that are designed to be oversized, that might help you abit.
My 2 cents anyway

I’ll check out the oversized shirts. I’ve never heard of those before.

For the upper body mass, I’ve been doing shrugs a few times a week, as well as curls. Are there any other exercises you suggest I do to help with my upper body?

I looked through my photos again and can’t understand how my summer clothes will suffer due to my hips. Haha can you
explain that so I can understand better?

spencers94 said:
looked through my photos again and can’t understand how my summer clothes will suffer due to my hips. Haha can you

very simple: your body shape from hips to shoulders should look like a V (that's why it's called V taper) and right now you look like a rectangle ( no offense to your person, i'm just stating what i see)

You upper body routine need a drastic change. I suggest you take a look at jeff nippard hypertrophy workouts, because you need to put gains, a lot, your arms are smaller than your calfs almost

spencers94 said:
Olafsmash said:
My 2 cents anyway

For the upper body mass, I’ve been doing shrugs a few times a week, as well as curls. Are there any other exercises you suggest I do to help with my upper body?

I looked through my photos again and can’t understand how my summer clothes will suffer due to my hips. Haha can you

Mate I have the same problem, it sucks, but you can overcome it with training. Women have wider hips (for child bearing) and smaller shoulders. Men tend to have narrow hips (we don't need to push out babies) and wider, stronger shoulders. Men like yourself and me were born with wide hips and narrow shoulders, so we have a more feminine figure. The only way to overcome this is to add as much muscle as possible to your upper body.

My advice would be to pay for a trainer or a strength and conditioning coach. It appears to me from your photos and how you speak about lifting weights that you don't *really* know what you're doing. That's okay! But if you've gone this far without picking it up, I really really suggest you spend some money on a coach. Diet is every bit, if not more, important than lifting. It's like 70% diet and 30% what you do. Doing shrugs is a fine exercise, but it's worthless in isolation. You need to be doing bench press, shoulder press, deadlift, and yes, squats.

You would look as good as the guy in the photo you are trying to emulate if you had the same muscle mass as him, but because you're so skinny the outfit doesn't really look great. All of this can be fixed in the kitchen and in the gym. Best of luck to you, friend!!

EDIT: It's also important that you get a coach because weight lifting is a LOT more complex than it appears on the surface. So many people go in there and think they're doing the right movements, but they're really not. It is VERY EASY to fuck yourself up. I ruined my back by squatting too much with improper form/hip issues. If I had been paying for a coach I'm sure they would've recognized this before I fractured my spine and compressed my discs. Learn from me!!

AspiringMaleStripper said:
It's also important that you get a coach because weight lifting is a LOT more complex than it appears on the surface.

This is 100%. I'd add that if you don't know what you're doing, you'll plateau a lot.

You can also look up beginner programs online. And if you have questions about improving your form, look up a Youtube video on someone doing the workout you want (I look up tutorial to this day). Spend some times just practicing the movement until you get your form right. Also, lots of gyms offer a free sign on trainer session.

Also remember diet is equally, if not more, important than training. You can also find template diets.

As far as supplements go, protein powder and creatine are the only ones I would recommend, but neither are essential as long as you eat well.

Here's a couple of beginer programs, i'd recomment 5x5 for starters though:
https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
https://www.jefit.com/routines/102419/better-leaner-stronger-bls-4-day-routine

AskTheDom said:
spencers94 said:
looked through my photos again and can’t understand how my summer clothes will suffer due to my hips. Haha can you

very simple: your body shape from hips to shoulders should look like a V (that's why it's called V taper) and right now you look like a rectangle ( no offense to your person, i'm just stating what i see)

You upper body routine need a drastic change. I suggest you take a look at jeff nippard hypertrophy workouts, because you need to put gains, a lot, your arms are smaller than your calfs almost

No offense taken! I see what you mean now. I'll look into those workouts and see what they have to offer. Thanks!

AspiringMaleStripper said:
spencers94 said:

Mate I have the same problem, it sucks, but you can overcome it with training. Women have wider hips (for child bearing) and smaller shoulders. Men tend to have narrow hips (we don't need to push out babies) and wider, stronger shoulders. Men like yourself and me were born with wide hips and narrow shoulders, so we have a more feminine figure. The only way to overcome this is to add as much muscle as possible to your upper body.

My advice would be to pay for a trainer or a strength and conditioning coach. It appears to me from your photos and how you speak about lifting weights that you don't *really* know what you're doing. That's okay! But if you've gone this far without picking it up, I really really suggest you spend some money on a coach. Diet is every bit, if not more, important than lifting. It's like 70% diet and 30% what you do. Doing shrugs is a fine exercise, but it's worthless in isolation. You need to be doing bench press, shoulder press, deadlift, and yes, squats.

You would look as good as the guy in the photo you are trying to emulate if you had the same muscle mass as him, but because you're so skinny the outfit doesn't really look great. All of this can be fixed in the kitchen and in the gym. Best of luck to you, friend!!

EDIT: It's also important that you get a coach because weight lifting is a LOT more complex than it appears on the surface. So many people go in there and think they're doing the right movements, but they're really not. It is VERY EASY to fuck yourself up. I ruined my back by squatting too much with improper form/hip issues. If I had been paying for a coach I'm sure they would've recognized this before I fractured my spine and compressed my discs. Learn from me!!

Hey man, thank you for your input. This helps a ton. I'll begin my search for coaches in my area and see what I can do! Thanks for the heads up about the weight lifting too. I really don't want to mess myself up!

Olafsmash said:
My 2 cents anyway

I went to some skate stores and asked if they had any oversized t shirts but they didn’t. All they told me was to go a size up from what I normally wear. I’ll continue my search for the oversized ones, but want to get some opinions on the styles I tried out

Olafsmash said:
My 2 cents anyway

Here’s a couple more I tried out

spencers94 said:
Olafsmash said:
My 2 cents anyway

spencers94 said:
Olafsmash said:
My 2 cents anyway

Hey everyone! I checked out Zara today for the first time and came across some interesting stuff. It's still early for jackets/long sleeve stuff, but wanted to see how these look on me. I like the black piece the most. Also the jacket with the white accents. I've never been into leather jackets, but figured I'd try it out. If anything looks good, is there anything I can add to them to make them look even better?

The first and second ones are too big, the shoulders are drooping

Edit:
The graphic shirts don't look good in my opinion. Stay with the regular sized ones or try real oversized shirts, not shirts one size too big. Also I seem to be the only one thinking that but the white shirt + light blue jeans looked good, I don't think you should dress all black all of the time

Also personal preference but I think plain shirts look better than graphic ones in most cases

Back