Rate my Tinder before I saw KYIL

Hey guys,

I'm new to the KYIL forums. Would like a bit of feedback on my Tinder pictures that I used before I even heard of the Kill Your Inner Loser website. I'll be honest with myself, these aren't bad but they aren't great either. Would like some genuine feedback.

Things I can already tell are that I need a better camera that can provide better clarity. I think a full face image would be a bold and confident choice to have.

Working on my instagram page as well so this would help both the dating app scene and on ig as well.

Thanks in advanced

P.S. The photos are in order from what girls would see first to last.

I like 2 and 5 BUT

Without the beard, you look like a different person. You probably can only keep the one out of these 2 that look how you look now

Chris Redfield said:
Hey guys,

I'm new to the KYIL forums. Would like a bit of feedback on my Tinder pictures that I used before I even heard of the Kill Your Inner Loser website. I'll be honest with myself, these aren't bad but they aren't great either. Would like some genuine feedback.

Things I can already tell are that I need a better camera that can provide better clarity. I think a full face image would be a bold and confident choice to have.

Working on my instagram page as well so this would help both the dating app scene and on ig as well.

Thanks in advanced

First of all, welcome! You're in the right place.

Here's my opinion:
The Thor one is kinda funny, and the ice skating one is flattering. Those two are useable. Also the one in your profile (you with the tree over your shoulder) is also fun. I'd use that for now too.

The others I don't like. My main criticism is it seems you make a common mistake I've seen a lot. Guys are like "yo this thing in the background looks cool, I'm going to lean on something near it and it'll be a good photo"

This doesn't work. YOU are the focus, not the background - at least in these kind of photos. Make the photo about you, and what you're doing. If the background doesn't help that, then forget about that photo and do a different one.

To add, I will say that you seem to give off more of a nice guy vibe. Maybe it's the smile. You're good looking enough to get laid for sure, but I bet you will run into the same issue that I sometimes do, where you attract these very non-sexual girls that won't have sex outside of a relationship.

I'm curious if you've asked girls for feedback about your beard. In my opinion, while both look good, you look way more attractive with no beard.

Paid Renegade said:
pancakemouse said:
I'm curious if you've asked girls for feedback about your beard. In my opinion, while both look good, you look way more attractive with no beard.

This.

As someone with a beard and encourages growing one, I'm going to agree with these guys.

Your beard shape gives you a rounder shape to your face. But you have good facial structure which your beard hides. You don't look bad with a beard, but I think you'll have greater success without one. Beards are more polarizing. Girls who don't like beards won't date you if you have one. But girls who do like beards will still date you if you don't have one.

But as pancake said, go ask some girls.

kratjeuh said:
I like 2 and 5 BUT

Without the beard, you look like a different person. You probably can only keep the one out of these 2 that look how you look now

That's a good point hadn't considered. I'll go with how I look currently and then when I change looks, I'll change photos.

MILFandCookies said:
Chris Redfield said:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advanced

First of all, welcome! You're in the right place.

Here's my opinion:
The Thor one is kinda funny, and the ice skating one is flattering. Those two are useable. Also the one in your profile (you with the tree over your shoulder) is also fun. I'd use that for now too.

The others I don't like. My main criticism is it seems you make a common mistake I've seen a lot. Guys are like "yo this thing in the background looks cool, I'm going to lean on something near it and it'll be a good photo"

This doesn't work. YOU are the focus, not the background - at least in these kind of photos. Make the photo about you, and what you're doing. If the background doesn't help that, then forget about that photo and do a different one.

Great point. I will keep that one for instagram but have a separate photo for Tinder where it's more about me than the background.

Squilliam said:
To add, I will say that you seem to give off more of a nice guy vibe. Maybe it's the smile. You're good looking enough to get laid for sure, but I bet you will run into the same issue that I sometimes do, where you attract these very non-sexual girls that won't have sex outside of a relationship.

I've heard mixed opinions on smiling but I get what you mean. It would seem inauthentic to girls if when they saw my photos and thought I was for a LTR when I more so just want sex. Seems a bit like Sneaky fucker game.

I appreciate the compliment.

pancakemouse said:

I've gotten more compliments from girls when I have the beard than without. I grow a beard for the fall/winter and then go stubble in the spring/summer. I appreciate the feedback.

Bman said:
Paid Renegade said:

As someone with a beard and encourages growing one, I'm going to agree with these guys.

Your beard shape gives you a rounder shape to your face. But you have good facial structure which your beard hides. You don't look bad with a beard, but I think you'll have greater success without one. Beards are more polarizing. Girls who don't like beards won't date you if you have one. But girls who do like beards will still date you if you don't have one.

But as pancake said, go ask some girls.

Given my facial structure I learned that it helps to round out my face a bit. Have a look at bespokeunit's website on Diamond face shape's to see why https://bespokeunit.com/face-shapes/diamond/#beards

Didn't think a beard would be so polarizing. I figured the beard would give a manlier appearance compared to clean shaven. Would you say go stubble at least?

Chris Redfield said:
Didn't think a beard would be so polarizing. I figured the beard would give a manlier appearance compared to clean shaven. Would you say go stubble at least?

It does give you a more rugged look and if you are getting compliments on it by girls, not guys, then by all means beard on.

I think you would look solid with stubble and could accentuate your jawline rather than hide it. You have a good jaw structure which is why I think it might work better.

Chris Redfield said:
I've heard mixed opinions on smiling but I get what you mean. It would seem inauthentic to girls if when they saw my photos and thought I was for a LTR when I more so just want sex. Seems a bit like Sneaky fucker game.

I appreciate the compliment.
I think in general, smiling is not good if you want to look like a fuckboy. If you notice the examples that Andy has in his guide of elite guys, not a single one of the models are smiling.

The problem is, if you don't have a lot of confidence and experience, it can be hard to pull off the non-smiling facial expression without seeming angry or sad, I have this sticking point myself.

I'm not saying that you can't get laid if you smile in your pics, I would just expect you to attract less girls who are instantly DTF. However, I think you are good looking enough that you will still find some DTF girls assuming there's enough volume in your area.

Sexual screening in messages can also help, but there's the risk of filtering out girls you otherwise could've fucked if you're too forward. I've been working on subtly sexualizing the conversation, but that's an art that really takes time to master. You need to find a happy medium because if it's too overt you'll turn girls off, but if it's too subtle it might go over their heads.

Back