THE WINNER WITHIN STYLE THREAD

Squilliam said:
DrJre said:
I would say a decent watch that looks good can still make you more stylish, but I do agree that showing off a Rolex or replica would be even better. I guess it depends on what type of woman you're wooing. Thanks for the link, I may look into investing in a replica sometime
What do you think of fossil watches? I have one, they're pretty stylish for the price, the boxes they come in are really cool too.

I think outside of the top watch brands like Rolex, AP, Omega etc that actually carry a bit of prestige or 'wow' factor it really just comes down to personal preference on the brands as watch brands will have a lot of similar styles between them (e.g every brand seems to have a Pepsi bezel design watch). I've had a Tag Heuer for about 3 years now and the only compliments I've ever got on it were from two guys who know a little bit about watches, probably would have had the exact same impact with a £100 Timex. Ironically I had more compliments from wearing a shitty £10 Casio watch because a lot of people used to have the exact same shitty watch lol.

For me personally I don't like watches from fashion brands, I like watches from watchmaker specific companies as generally they are higher quality but no girl is ever gonna give a shit about stuff like that I think lol. They probably only know the brands referenced in pop culture like Rolex, AP etc so wear whatever brand you like I'd say as long as the actual style of it isn't terrible

Striker said:
Squilliam said:
What do you think of fossil watches? I have one, they're pretty stylish for the price, the boxes they come in are really cool too.

I think outside of the top watch brands like Rolex, AP, Omega etc that actually carry a bit of prestige or 'wow' factor it really just comes down to personal preference on the brands as watch brands will have a lot of similar styles between them (e.g every brand seems to have a Pepsi bezel design watch). I've had a Tag Heuer for about 3 years now and the only compliments I've ever got on it were from two guys who know a little bit about watches, probably would have had the exact same impact with a £100 Timex. Ironically I had more compliments from wearing a shitty £10 Casio watch because a lot of people used to have the exact same shitty watch lol.

For me personally I don't like watches from fashion brands, I like watches from watchmaker specific companies as generally they are higher quality but no girl is ever gonna give a shit about stuff like that I think lol. They probably only know the brands referenced in pop culture like Rolex, AP etc so wear whatever brand you like I'd say as long as the actual style of it isn't terrible

I really doubt 99.999% of women know any watch brand out of Rolex. I think high end watches are cool AF, but not going to delude myself that it means anything to anyone other than middle aged dudes.

Striker said:
wear whatever brand you like I'd say as long as the actual style of it isn't terrible
This is what the watch looks like, opinions?

pOkQ9ra.png

Zug said:
I really doubt 99.999% of women know any watch brand out of Rolex. I think high end watches are cool AF, but not going to delude myself that it means anything to anyone other than middle aged dudes.

Yeah, only other brand that I'd guess some girls might know is AP because it gets namedropped in hiphop all the time but that's probably a smaller section of girls than I think

Squilliam said:

I personally don't like it but I'm definitely not a style guru or the authority on watches, for girls I don't see any problem with it but someone like Radical is better placed to give advice

I dont really like watches tbh but i know the rough rules for them with outfits so i can help guys who do like them

Like everything watches fall on the smart to casual axis and it works best if you can near enough match that to your outfit

Squilliam refined, minimal and leather strapped dress watches like that work best with say a suit.

While the chunkier link watches are more flexible across the range, you can wear them with most outfits

Not big on smartwatches, they only really work with athletic gear

If it has a leather strap remember to match to the belt

Squilliam said:
Striker said:
wear whatever brand you like I'd say as long as the actual style of it isn't terrible

pOkQ9ra.png

Fossil should be fine for lower end brands. As stated before brand recognition isn't really there for most girls unless you have a Rolex on. That style isn't my cup of tea though. Depends on your style, might fit if you're going for a more rugged look. I usually go for dive watch models as that fits more with my style

DrJre said:
Fossil should be fine for lower end brands. As stated before brand recognition isn't really there for most girls unless you have a Rolex on. That style isn't my cup of tea though. Depends on your style, might fit if you're going for a more rugged look. I usually go for dive watch models as that fits more with my style
What about something like this? Only $83 on amazon. Also I know that girls wouldn't know of the brand, I only mentioned that because I was curious about the quality and style of the watches themselves.
wpILERq.png

Hey Radical,
How to check the quality of online jewellery ?
My rings are 100% stainless steel, I've got them for years, and I'm really happy about them. Despite costing me 20 bucks. But I had also bad surprises in the past..

Also what do you think about this combo (in silver colour for me) ?
View attachment 1
I'm already rocking the wider one without a pendant, i'm thinking about buying the chocker.

Also all the accessories I'm rocking rn

Thanks Radical !

ovnidos said:
How to check the quality of online jewellery ?

I wish i had a good answer for this

I sample western facing websites and only recommend ones i've had good quality from

If you buy from China direct (SHEIN or AliExpress) then expect up to 75% of what you buy to be trash

Layering a cuban chain under a longer pendant is legit
Pic of a guy from Andy's coaching doing that with a cross pendant in silver

Order was from twistedpendant.com
16mm Cuban chain and the 22mm cross pendant
https://twistedpendant.com/products/silver-cuban-chain-5mm?variant=31920235380820
https://twistedpendant.com/products/cross-pendant-silver?variant=39412301168724

Those chunky rings are like rocker archetype stuff
They work best if the rest of your outfits match the vibe

Radical said:
16mm Cuban chain and the 22mm cross pendant

Just bought the Cuban 16mm thanks bro!

I've ordered it, so I've received a 25% discount if anyone interested :
https://loox.io/z/4JHK1UFTo

You sure that's 16"? I have the 20" version of that and it's pretty short can't imagine what 16" would be like(one in my pic is 22")

You want the underlayer chain to be fairly short so either their 16 or 18 inch one

Dependent on how chunky your neck is

Radical, I currently follow your basic style guide. Any suggestions for stylish shorts that I could wear? It is going to be Spring soon and I'd like to get some clothes that are more suitable for warmer weather. I was thinking of like patagonia style shorts or something but I'm not fully sure.

Squilliam i wore raw hem denim shorts last summer if you want a more interesting option. Whatever the shorts you are looking at are though just make sure they finish above the knee

I’ll edit this and throw up some summer style stuff i like when i get back to my laptop later. Im working on a guide but its super skeleton atm

Squilliam said:
Any suggestions for stylish shorts that I could wear? It is going to be Spring soon and I'd like to get some clothes that are more suitable for warmer weather

i like chubbies 6” everywear stretch esp the blueish tint

Hey Radical,

I checked out your basic style guide (good stuff) and I was wondering if you had any wardrobe ideas that revolved around shirts that aren't slim fit. My body is basically skinnyfat with some stomach fat (which i am trying to rectify) and I find slim fit shirts very tight and uncomfortable to wear. Do you think your wardrobe idea works with looser or regular fit shirts, or are there maybe other general styles that work?

oopswrongtimeline if you are carrying a bit of weight around the stomach area ive found with a couple of clients that the curved hem Buck Mason shirts work

I like oversized tees when done well but for a lot of jackets/outerwear the slim work better underneath

Back