Tinder —> Phone or IG?

klondike

My standard routine on the apps is to ask them to get a drink, they either ghost or say yes, then I get their #.

But this is what I was doing in like 2014.

Since it’s 2022, should I be getting their IG’s instead? My own IG isn’t amazing (600 followers, pretty good engagement, link to my semi-popular music project).

I have more success with IG and I only have a small account (almost 600 followers).

klondike said:
My standard routine on the apps is to ask them to get a drink, they either ghost or say yes, then I get their #.

But this is what I was doing in like 2014.

Since it’s 2022, should I be getting their IG’s instead? My own IG isn’t amazing (600 followers, pretty good engagement, link to my semi-popular music project).

As daygame should theoretically prioritize Instagram as the girl would want to know more about the stranger she met on the street, this means that an app close should even more so.

Yet my tests with daygame reveal absolutely no difference, and this is with a well-above-average Instagram.

So out of simplicity, just get the number.

All depends on what your IG is like bro, the quality of photos, overall vibe, your clothing in photos, if you have any girls with you in photos, photo locations (outdoors or you at events, nightclubs etc), if friends/other people with you in photos seem cool etc are some of the things which matter in terms of a girls perception of your Instagram along with followers and likes.

Tbh just getting the number works fine but I normally get the number first than ask on WhatsApp when they are free to grab a drink rather than asking on the dating app.

100% IG if you have a solid account, follower mean jack shit, it's more about the lifestyle you present.

Vamos said:
100% IG if you have a solid account, follower mean jack shit, it's more about the lifestyle you present.

This is a strong assertion. Instagram being better than a number 100% of the time for post-app conversion with a "solid account". However, strong claims require strong evidence. Where is the data to back it up?

I have performed my own tests and concluded that it makes no difference. I have observed other guys doing the same.

My observation is that the idea of Instagram is a distraction for guys, and the juice is not worth the squeeze unless you're in the top 1% of profiles.

If your ig is very solid and you have good experience converting leads from there then you can go with that but if not the number is usually the safer and more reliable option.

The thing is with ig is all it takes is one photo/post the girl doesn't like to ruin your chances, whereas if you get the number that possibility doesn't really exist.

kratjeuh said:
I have more success with IG and I only have a small account (almost 600 followers).

Wow is 600 really a small amount of followers?

How many do you guys have?

Seconded on what others said.
It's about the quality of your account.

Tip, if you have < 100 likes on each photo, tap on the 3 dots on every post and choose "hide like count"

Here's my personal insta for example: www.instagram.com/chocolatechipcookiejoe

pancakemouse said:
Vamos said:

This is a strong assertion. Instagram being better than a number 100% of the time for post-app conversion with a "solid account". However, strong claims require strong evidence. Where is the data to back it up?

I have performed my own tests and concluded that it makes no difference. I have observed other guys doing the same.

My observation is that the idea of Instagram is a distraction for guys, and the juice is not worth the squeeze unless you're in the top 1% of profiles.

There will be no "data" since no one will do a "study" on this. I can PM you my IG, it's public and halfway decent in my opinion.

Number/WhatsApp only brings me a communication platform outside of a dating platform.

A solid Instagram account gives me the opportunity to present yourself even more positively, social status, story highlights of travel/trips/fun stuff/my dog/and so on. I think it's an extremely useful tool that I wouldn't want to be without. Instagram is really a gamechanger for me.

For example, I posted a selfie from me and my dog ​​yesterday and right away my inbox was full of DMs from women. With good stories you can show an interesting lifestyle and women who follow you slide in your DMs.
A buddy recently counted my Instagram chats with an app, there were almost 700 and probably 650 of them women, who wants to have 650 numbers from women in their phone?

MILFandCookies said:
Here's my personal insta for example: www.instagram.com/chocolatechipcookiejoe
It looks good, i will follow you and send you a PN :)

I tend to like IG more as time goes on. Most girls will keep following you, and if you're putting up interesting content/continually displaying you're improving yourself, occasionally they will hit you up even years after you've stopped seeing them for whatever reason.

But at the end of the day, its personal preference.

Back