Tinder ban

Gringo

I read the article on getting around a Tinder ban.

I have some confusion on the part about getting a new cheap phone with a new number.

Andy, can you explain how to do this? Are you suggesting to replace my good phone with a crap $50 phone?

And getting a new # would be a hassle because I'd have to update my personal and business contacts with my new number.

Can you explain this a little more?

Gringo said:

I have some confusion on the part about getting a new cheap phone with a new number.

Andy, can you explain how to do this? Are you suggesting to replace my good phone with a crap $50 phone?

And getting a new # would be a hassle because I'd have to update my personal and business contacts with my new number.

You keep your primary phone and number and run tinder on a second phone, using a second number to verify it. There are services which will verify Tinder with a second number for like $3-$5.

If you don't want to get a cheap burner phone, you can run tinder on a laptop aswell for example and it works the same way. Obviously you still need to get a new number but it will count as a new device in case your phone is device banned.

Gringo said:

Yup. What pancakemouse said.

This is the cheapest and most reliable SIM I've found. $5 per, lasts for a month of service:
https://www.amazon.com/SpeedTalk-Mobile-Android-Preloaded-Cellphone/dp/B07G9P5ZBW/

pancakemouse said:
Gringo said:

You keep your primary phone and number and run tinder on a second phone, using a second number to verify it. There are services which will verify Tinder with a second number for like $3-$5.

Do I have to buy a cellphone service plan to be able to use Tinder on the second phone?

Gringo said:
pancakemouse said:

Do I have to buy a cellphone service plan to be able to use Tinder on the second phone?

No. You can use it on wifi only. But you can also use Tinder Web as Kurvam said above, then you don't need to buy a phone.

pancakemouse said:
Gringo said:

No. You can use it on wifi only. But you can also use Tinder Web as @Kurvam said above, then you don't need to buy a phone.

Ok.

The article mentions that you shouldn't use the same wifi

Back