Tretinoin: 5 Month Results

AskTheDom said:
Zug said:
I've been using it daily for a year. It's made a difference. Not black magic type of difference, but definitely has helped.

Like anti aging with wrinkles you mean?

I had decent skin for my age already....due to raw genetics and never going outside. It helped even out some color spots in my cheekbones, and it took my forhead from very good to amazing. I can probably find some before and after pics if its important. Its worth having a skin routine period. Some moisturizer, trent, daily face cleanse, and some emergency pimple patches are all you really need. I use curology, there's cheaper ways if you want to DIY, but the convenience of it suits me and its not much of a premium.

I did some very extreme stuff on my trunk and ass to help retighten my skin involving dry needle machine every 4-6 weeks and copious amounts of vit C. It's really hard to say how much of it was that strategy vs just natural re-shrinkage. I can't even speculate. It was the only thing I could find that seemed compelling and worth the effort. I've used it on my face a few times, but it is quite painful, dangerous if you go to deep or get to close to the eye sockets, and can actually cause permanent damage if you use it in the wrong areas like lips or nose. Had to special order it from some Eastern European company. There's derm offices that offer here, but you need a lot of treatments and it costs a significant amount.

Zug said:
I did some very extreme stuff on my trunk and ass to help retighten my skin involving dry needle machine every 4-6 weeks and copious amounts of vit C. It's really hard to say how much of it was that strategy vs just natural re-shrinkage. I can't even speculate. It was the only thing I could find that seemed compelling and worth the effort. I've used it on my face a few times, but it is quite painful, dangerous if you go to deep or get to close to the eye sockets, and can actually cause permanent damage if you use it in the wrong areas like lips or nose. Had to special order it from some Eastern European company. There's derm offices that offer here, but you need a lot of treatments and it costs a significant amount.

I'm sorry but I don't get this part, you used tretinon on your face and was painful? I know to someone oversensitive might cause burning ( hence why in EU it's by prescription only)

AskTheDom said:
Zug said:

I'm sorry but I don't get this part, you used tretinon on your face and was painful? I know to someone oversensitive might cause burning ( hence why in EU it's by prescription only)

The trent isn't painful unless you use too much too often. Dry needling my face was what was painful. Dry needling my trunk was uncomfortable but not painful.

Zug Did you notice any benefits from dry-needling in terms of tightness and skin tone?

My partner uses Tretinoin

She's 38, but people often guess she's in her 20's

(and when she takes pics with her students sometimes people even guess she's still in high school)

Tretinoin definitely works

Sewerdog said:
@Zug Did you notice any benefits from dry-needling in terms of tightness and skin tone?

Tightness, yes. Scar removal, yes. Skin tone...no idea. The scar fading was 100% the needling. The tightness was some % just natural shrinkage though, and what % that was I couldn't guess.

I used tretinoin for a while too. Got it from alldaychemist. Basically you buy it from an Indian company and they ship it to you without a prescription.

Was cheap as hell in case anyone wants a prescription without a dermatologist appointment.

Downside is that it takes 1 month to ship though

Back