What do you think of the so-called “old money style”?

Having money or showing wealth backfires when you use it to open, use it as an identity, or don't have other compelling masculine traits that exceed it.

Also, there is a huge difference between being a provider and being a pussy. Girls ARE attracted to providers when the guy is an actual man. You can counteract all but the most diehard gold diggers with frame control, social skills, and good boundaries.

A girl knowing in her gut that you're a guy that can and will show up to save her in a genuine emergency makes her wet, not disgusted.

I didn't get my shit together just so I could more effectively pursue a life of selfishness and endless hedonism.

Too many guys are scared of being responsible. That's why they avoid growing up. Fuckboi isn't a final destination.

Zug said:
Having money or showing wealth backfires when you use it to open, use it as an identity, or don't have other compelling masculine traits that exceed it.

Also, there is a huge difference between being a provider and being a pussy. Girls ARE attracted to providers when the guy is an actual man. You can counteract all but the most diehard gold diggers with frame control, social skills, and good boundaries.

A girl knowing in her gut that you're a guy that can and will show up to save her in a genuine emergency makes her wet, not disgusted.

I didn't get my shit together just so I could more effectively pursue a life of selfishness and endless hedonism.

Too many guys are scared of being responsible. That's why they avoid growing up. Fuckboi isn't a final destination.

True words, unfortunately the name of the style triggers such topics for sure in a community like ours. "Old money" sounds a bit cringe tbh, it could also be called "Mediterranean style" or "classic Mediterranean chic". The look is the same, just the reaction to the words is different.

This look can deffo put you in nice guy/boyfriend material/non player category. Guys I know who dress like this generally do significantly worse with girls than the guys I know dressing more edgy - most preppy dressing guys I know only have real sexual options through a committed relationship.

For this to work certain elements of your phenotype have to be a certain way, for example I wouldn't recommend a blond and light eye guy to dress in this style unless they're going for a job interview. If you already have edge (dark hair, short hair, tattoos, muscular) this style can work for you but in the right environment.

When I want to dress smarter I've found there's ways to do it whilst still retaining edge, for example sticking to colours like black and grey and choosing the fit to accentuate physique. Like a slim fitting black smart shirt with grey check wool pants and some black suede loafers.

This all also depends on your environment, I'm guessing for someone playing passport bro game in Asia or latin America it could be beneficial in bringing in leads (but also could attract girls trying to withold sex and lock you down if they think you have money).

Back