• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

Best text strategy after getting numbers from cold approach?

I'm conflicted between two methods.

a. Get her number, send her a text with your name immediately. Ask her if she's free to meet on <1-2 days later> at <some random spot/view near my apartment>

b. Get her number, send her a text with your name immediately. Start texting her for a day or two, and THEN ask her out.

I'm worried if I go with option A they'll flake much more because there's barely any rapport. On the other hand I don't want to be her texting buddy and kill the mystery.

Get her number, text her for a bit, invite her over to ur place. Get as far as you can. if not, schedule a date.

ur mentally jacking off again btw. you dont need to ask us for everything, do it yourself. just remember: aggressive is best

http://web.archive.org/web/20200809180203/http://authorcloud.co/MrVs-Guide-To-Texting-Girls-dq16ldatn

I found this really upped my texting game a lot. No one is perfect and I'm always trying to be better but at least read it to get the knowledge in your brain. It's a quick read shouldn't take more than 15 minutes going slow.

Rapport (beyond basic “I’m not a creep and I’m socially normal” convo) is unnecessary. Either they’re into you or they’re not.

This is generally what I do:
Text 1: "Hey it's <your name>!".
Text 2: "Nice meeting you."
Text 3: "I know we only met briefly, but I thought you were a really cool girl and I thought we shared a connection. Do you want to grab a drink tonight at 8pm?"

I’d say (disclaimer: from my limited approach experience) that it comes down to situational awareness.

If you gave her a clear expectation in person that you were setting a date with her, option A all the way.

I’ve had encounters that have gone like this though:
“Hey you’re cute blah blah”
“I’d love to stop and chat but I really have to be somewhere”
“Cool how about I grab your number and we’ll talk later”

Option B in that situation.

Back