Picture Feedback Megathread

Need some assistance with a street shot.

Sky was clear yesterday and lighting was nice so I tried to get a street pic but nothing really came out as I hoped. I attached the only pic I somewhat thought was okay, but I think I can do 100x better.

Right now I just have it up as a replacement for that one reading pic in the maroon bomber I used to have.

Any tips for achieving something cool with my tripod+phone combo? I want to show off the full fit.

GN44
Higher angle and further away, you cant see your face that well and your hand steals the attention.

GoodLookingNerd said:
Higher angle and further away,
This you usually wanna shoot eye level. It’s a good photo tho dude. Also think context a bit coffee with a more city/cafe background makes sense

GoodLookingNerd gotcha, will keep that in mind and move my hand a little less in view.

Adrizzle agree, I took this pic on a walkway close to a campus cafe.

This pic netted a 6.8 on Photofeeler at 16 votes so it'll work as a filler for now but ideally need something better. After tommorow its gonna be a while before I get nice lighting so Ill try to go early morning to shoot.

The pic ended at a 7.1 after 18 votes so it’s good for now but I’ll still work to replace it. There are three pics I’m working on replacing. The total side-head shot, the gym pic, and this. In that order.

Back in the game after my relationship ended :(

Any thoughts on how I can improve my profile? Open to any suggestions. I got some pretty decent results with these pics but I'd like to match with very attractive girls more frequently. It's like once in a blue moon right now and then half of them don't reply of course. Idk if it's just my looks that are limiting me at this point. I'm a little skeptical of the hobby pics but I didn't know how else to fill it out. Also think they give off boyfriend vibes when that's not really my intention right now. Thanks for any help :D

Edited pics out. If anybody’s really curious to see them, DM me.

Ran into a super scenic place in Bangkok and had to take a picture because a background like this is probably close to perfect. The picture is far from perfect though. My style and grooming are subpar due to me backpacking. Asked a random Thai high schooler for a picture by using hand gestures so thats obviously not perfect. How is the posing and are the other imperfections?

GoodLookingNerd said:
Ran into a super scenic place in Bangkok and had to take a picture because a background like this is probably close to perfect.

Picture is fine for IG but not for the apps. Your style is subpar as you mentioned. Posing is ok though.

The framing is off. I would have rather seen you doing the same posing, in the same position, but mirrored so you are looking to right instead. I would have also asked the girl to crouch so your body would take up 2/3 of the frame but still have the skyline in the background, making you look "larger than life" and more dominant.

Yggdrasil13

This will sound weird, but you smile too much. Having a few photos in the lineup smiling are good, but not all of them. For example the photo in the leather jacket is decent, but a hard faced, masculine gaze would have been better. Also leather jacket in nature is not a good combo. Do this same pic in a city background.

The other jacket photo during golden hour is also pretty decent, but again I would have liked a more serious expression on your face. The expression you're showing now in that photo feels a bit ditzy. But the concept of the photo and fashion are on point. Also, I generally like to have my hands out of my pockets. I don't really know if it helps, but my arm chair psychology expertise says it conveys more safety and confidence with hands out of pockets. So take that with a grain of salt.

Group photo is meh - refer to Pancake’s Golden Rules of Group Photos on Apps

Piano and tennis photo are ok. They are neutral filler photos. Not really hurting the profile, but you're also not getting the full juice out of them that you could be.

I'd recommend getting a really solid first photo, preferably the leather jacket one with the fixes I mentioned (masculine gaze, city background). Then photo 2 could be the golden hour one, again with the fixes I suggested. The others you can still use, but think of ways they could be improved. For example, playing piano for others in the background, getting an action shot of serving the ball while shirtless (if physique is up to par), getting a group photo with you in the center, preferably with women looking at you.

Bman said:
For example the photo in the leather jacket is decent, but a hard faced, masculine gaze would have been better. Also leather jacket in nature is not a good combo. Do this same pic in a city background.

yeah Yggdrasil13 I agree with Bman here, copy something like my profile pic

GoodLookingNerd said:
Ran into a super scenic place in Bangkok and had to take a picture because a background like this is probably close to perfect. The picture is far from perfect though. My style and grooming are subpar due to me backpacking. Asked a random Thai high schooler for a picture by using hand gestures so thats obviously not perfect. How is the posing and are the other imperfections?

The background doesn't look notable at all and photo is even worse. Never put your hands in your pockets.

Would this picture be good enough to put towards the end of my profile to show that I travel? My main issues with the image are that I look a bit unkempt (travel context might excuse it?) and my expression/posture is relaxed but not very dominant.
Would this add or subtract from my profile score, assuming that I replace the other hiking picture (middle left) with it? I am going to crop it a bit more by the way.

Current Batch generously chosen by MILFCookies :)
View attachment 5

Now I think I have better photos to replace someone of them (especially the one with the mic, as shown in my Progress Log) - btw please let me know if I should just post on my Progress Log instead of the mega thread - or does it not matter at all?

View attachment 4
Karaoke w/ Mic

the only problem with the new piano photo is my facial expression, but it scored really well on Photofeeler Social, but I'm curious...
View attachment 1

Social 1 - bottle balance influence lol

Social 2
View attachment 2

Beer Bottle Balance Close-Up
View attachment 3

brohankwon Social 2 is your best social photo because it looks like you are the center of attention. Karaoke is also good.

LMK which of these you like, so I can get some edited

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ns76q24TI8rqaqz38OHAqO3zPNto816T

Ideally, if you think there is ONE there which is a winner, lmk

-Ravi

MakingAComeback
Nice shooting! Very cool!

I assume it's for OLD, so I would say it's better not to look too agressive/intense because some girls will report your profile if they don't like it.
So, I think these pics are risky for your OLD accounts, even if they're very nice, and the ones with the girl give preselection & social proof, which is great.

My favorites are 5, 33, 42 and 52. For OLD I think 33 or 52 would be the best fit.

For some reason even though these pictures don't feel too different to me (minus the hair) the first scored way higher on Photofeeler than the second. The first pic scored an 8.7 at 20 votes meanwhile the second is sitting at 6.7 at 16.

I want to use the second as a replacement since the first i may never be able to use again due to my banned profile having that pic even w/ metadata deletion and slight rotation.

Which one do you guys prefer? I know neither is perfect so I am just trying to have a solid base.

Back