Some critique on my quite developed profile is greatly appreciated

Asst

This is more or less my "final" approach to Tinder. What would you guys switch out, what is the weakest photo in the profile?

I'm not sure where to improve anymore but the results are not extremely satisfying to what I'm used to on IG or real life. It's way more difficult to keep conversations up on Tinder.

Any critique is welcomed.

Define 'unsatisfying results'. Quantify it if you can - no. matches, amount of time spent swiping, no. dates, no. lays etc. Could also be a matter of expectations.

Profile looks very solid to me.

Here's my recent numbers FWIW (with a profile much much worse than yours)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xo57gayKGOynrOOk8T5YtTv5eHTysRrRwvER1yCOhgw/edit?usp=drivesdk

HankMoodyJr said:
Define 'unsatisfying results'. Quantify it if you can - no. matches, amount of time spent swiping, no. dates, no. lays etc. Could also be a matter of expectations.

Profile looks very solid to me.

Compared to RL or IG.
The quality of women I'm matching with is lower leading to lack of interest from my end.
The effort of having a conversations is higher, carrying the conversation on my back. In person I can more or less say whatever I want, have a back and forth conversation without triggering girls but on Tinder it's like Minesweeper. Example, had a chick where I said I will not drive over to her since it's to far. We still exchanged IG and a week later I asked her schedule, she asked where, told her at my city (since we already had the topic) -> instantly blocked.

I don't think you can compare tinder results like for like with RL or IG - they're simply not the same game imo.

For all we know, you might be getting world class results on tinder, but because they're worse than other 'sources', they seem bad. That's why it would be good to know number of matches, lays etc.

HankMoodyJr said:
I don't think you can compare tinder results like for like with RL or IG - they're simply not the same game imo.

For all we know, you might be getting world class results on tinder, but because they're worse than other 'sources', they seem bad. That's why it would be good to know number of matches, lays etc.

You're probably right, however, I saw so many bad profiles of some dudes with decent facial bone structures and chicks put their panties down in chat already without them even trying.
Will gather some numbers the next month. Is there a simple solution/tool to count matches and swipes or do you do it by hand?

Mine is all by hand.

Pancakemouse posted a way to get Tinder to send you your data in my log. Can send that to you later when I'm at my PC

HankMoodyJr said:
Mine is all by hand.

Pancakemouse posted a way to get Tinder to send you your data in my log. Can send that to you later when I'm at my PC

Would be great, thank you.

Profile looks good to me man, personally I would put either the shirtless pic or the one of you walking as the main pic if you aren't already, but otherwise I can't offer much critique.

Nevertheless I would still regularly be taking new pics and trying them out to see if they work better.

if its your experience recently it has been 'flaking season' the past couple months and everyones results usually pick up late Jan onwards

If you're talking last year or sure then not sure, profile seems good. Might be a touch boyfriend-y but not excessively so

Homeskills said:
Profile looks good to me man, personally I would put either the shirtless pic or the one of you walking as the main pic if you aren't already, but otherwise I can't offer much critique.

Nevertheless I would still regularly be taking new pics and trying them out to see if they work better.

Seconded. Great profile. The black and white one is weak in my opinion... I'd put the one of you walking as the main pic but cropped in a bit so you're clearer.

Radical said:
if its your experience recently it has been 'flaking season' the past couple months and everyones results usually pick up late Jan onwards

If you're talking last year or sure then not sure, profile seems good. Might be a touch boyfriend-y but not excessively so

Also agree with this - could be edgier, and the season has something to do with it for sure.

Like someone else said above, comparing Tinder to Insta or real life isn't helpful. Compare it to itself... are you getting some dates? Some lays?

The ideal Tinder life in my opinion is where you can do it without thinking much (just swipe a bunch and message on a simple script.) Most girls will fall off along the way but some will meet up. If you don't invest mental energy until you meet up with a girl a few times then it's just free dates. The issue only comes when you let yourself care about girls you've never seen in person, then dating apps can be frustrating.

Sometimes it gets to me though, and in those cases I take a break for a week and then come back to it reminding myself not to care about anyone I haven't fucked a few times at least. It sounds cold and harsh but it's the way things are on dating apps, and if you invest your energy wisely you'll get dividends.

Asst said:
HankMoodyJr said:
Mine is all by hand.

Would be great, thank you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TinderData/

MILFandCookies said:
Homeskills said:

Seconded. Great profile. The black and white one is weak in my opinion... I'd put the one of you walking as the main pic but cropped in a bit so you're clearer.

Radical said:

Also agree with this - could be edgier, and the season has something to do with it for sure.

Like someone else said above, comparing Tinder to Insta or real life isn't helpful. Compare it to itself... are you getting some dates? Some lays?

The ideal Tinder life in my opinion is where you can do it without thinking much (just swipe a bunch and message on a simple script.) Most girls will fall off along the way but some will meet up. If you don't invest mental energy until you meet up with a girl a few times then it's just free dates. The issue only comes when you let yourself care about girls you've never seen in person, then dating apps can be frustrating.

Sometimes it gets to me though, and in those cases I take a break for a week and then come back to it reminding myself not to care about anyone I haven't fucked a few times at least. It sounds cold and harsh but it's the way things are on dating apps, and if you invest your energy wisely you'll get dividends.

Agree
Black and white photos score poorly on tinder.

Also, your profile shows you are a good looking in shape dude with a good life, there is nothing edgy about it. I imagine you must get a lot of matches from girls that are looking for "friends" or something serious, not that are there because they are horny and want a quick fuck.
You can't compare tinder quality with IG and RL. it's two worlds of difference.

If you can score high quality girls in RL though, why investing so much on tinder?

MILFandCookies said:
Homeskills said:

I'll run an A/B boost test on it, maybe you're right.

AskTheDom said:
If you can score high quality girls in RL though, why investing so much on tinder?
Would say approach anxiety if it's with sexual intentions.

FWIW, my tinder more or less stopped working completely last 2 months and I just dropped it. Hinge has been an absolute gold mine though, bumble and FB are decent and worth the effort, but not as good as Hinge.

Zug said:
FWIW, my tinder more or less stopped working completely last 2 months and I just dropped it. Hinge has been an absolute gold mine though, bumble and FB are decent and worth the effort, but not as good as Hinge.

Interesting. I do wonder if Hinge has a higher concentration of women overall.

Regarding tinder, do you think it was an age fall off? Could you create a new profile w/ a lower age and hide it?

Zug said:

Sadly Hinge isn't popular at all in Germany. They slowly started advertising about a year ago on social media but it might take 5 years until it's worth trying here.

AskTheDom & MILFandCookies what do you guys think about that one?
EDIT: Attached a less edited version. Sadly it's quite difficult to restore a BW if you don't have the original file.

I wouldn't use the cat pic

https://theconversation.com/we-studied-what-happens-when-guys-add-their-cats-to-their-dating-app-profiles-144999

Women are turned off by cat pics

Your other photos are fantastic though!

Only thing I can think of to improve is to add some edge as AskTheDom suggested

Asst said:
Zug said:

Weird shadow on your face, great pose but unfortunately ain’t gonna work

Sadly Hinge isn't popular at all in Germany. They slowly started advertising about a year ago on social media but it might take 5 years until it's worth trying here.

@AskTheDom & @MILFandCookies what do you guys think about that one?
Weird shadow on your half face and too much retouch. Pass

natedawg said:
Zug said:

Interesting. I do wonder if Hinge has a higher concentration of women overall.

Regarding tinder, do you think it was an age fall off? Could you create a new profile w/ a lower age and hide it?

Tinder was the only app where you could hide your age and I don't know if it did me any good tbh. AFAICT, if you still look good, being older is just a plus. In thousands of messages, I only got maybe 5 age related objections. 2 dropped off immediately after the objection, the other 3 seemed even more keen after dealing with it. I will say, I think biggest thing age does is prevent you from showing up in their stack. I get virtually no likes and virtually no movement from boosts at all, they just don't do a fucking thing for me. Any app where I can send an opening message with the like I do very well.

Back