• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

SUGGESTIONS & BUG REPORTS MEGATHREAD

There is a maximum of 10000 characters for each post now. I can't change the title of my original post because of this limitation without editing/removing contents of my original post.

There is a maximum of 10000 characters for each post now. I can't change the title of my original post because of this limitation without editing/removing contents of my original post.
I've increased it to 30000, does it work now?

Last edited:
Proposal: Let's get rid of the rule to require an avatar picture of yourself. The intentions are great, having only real action takers who are willing to put themselves on the line. But in practice 50% of the forum isn't actually showing their face, leading to the forum being a disorienting parade of beheaded torsos and black bars over faces. The reality is that it's impossible to have a forum with all three:

1. People feel completely able to share their true thoughts
2. People use their real face and identity
3. There is no member/access control and anyone can view or join

To encourage only people who are "serious" to join, maybe something else could be done like requiring a video call with a mod before joining. Something like that.

Proposal: Let's get rid of the rule to require an avatar picture of yourself. The intentions are great, having only real action takers who are willing to put themselves on the line. But in practice 50% of the forum isn't actually showing their face, leading to the forum being a disorienting parade of beheaded torsos and black bars over faces. The reality is that it's impossible to have a forum with all three:

To encourage only people who are "serious" to join, maybe something else could be done like requiring a video call with a mod before joining. Something like that.
Some information is better than no information, and the the more context the better. While headed photos are lovers, headless photos are still friends, and empty avatars are foes. Humans respond to human visuals and are distrusting when information is missing.

The photo requirement isn't (just) about making sure someone is serious, it's about fostering an air of fraternity in the community while also being cogniscient of those of us who require anonymity. I've been on many anonymous pickup forums with no avatars, it's a bad time.

It seems strange that this search issue persists if we’ve changed forum software - do you know why?

The inability to search accurately means that this forum loses a lot of value - there’s a lot of gold posted previously but if no one can find it..!

Also - I didn’t get notification that you quoted me in your reply - it’s quite a useful feature so would be good to have if possible. Thanks
I noticed that some threads I had bookmarked have URLs that no longer work/currently are broken.

For example, this: "https://killyourinnnerloser.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=75062#p75062"

Redirects to this: "https://winnerwith.in/viewtopic.php?p=75062#p75062"

Which has the "

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

The requested page could not be found.
" message, and not the content that it used to have... which theoretically isn't the end of the world, but does make it annoying to try and search for what the posts' content was that I bookmarked.

Pinging ya for this one as it suggests, Squilliam!
I just went ahead and rebuilt the search index. Search should be much much better now. Can you guys test and confirm?

The requirement of an avatar picture was a fundamental design element of Andy's philosophy of the forums. One that I believe should stay intact. An environment of 100% anonymity breeds extreme viewpoints and tearing each other down because it feels like you're talking to NPC's. Even seeing some portion of that other person is enough to remind you that, in fact, there is living human being on the other side of your message. As such, you'll be more likely to support that person.

Furthermore, I personally show my face here because I don't want to act in a way that I would be ashamed of having those words attached to my identity. If I am taking actions, I should be held responsible for the consequences of those actions. It's a form of moral accountability for myself. To be clear, this only a code I put upon myself. I don't expect others to share that. I completely understand and respect others reasons for being semi-anonymous here.

So its a small requirement that has high returns for the culture of this place.

would like if it was possible to easily see someone's progress log on their profile.

i think on the old site it tended to be someone's most posted forum or at least you could somewhat easily search through their posts, but this new site seems to count reacts as posts too for some reason

we could also add a field to let users manually fill in their progress log link but how many people are actually going to diligently do that lol

would like if it was possible to easily see someone's progress log on their profile.

i think on the old site it tended to be someone's most posted forum or at least you could somewhat easily search through their posts, but this new site seems to count reacts as posts too for some reason

we could also add a field to let users manually fill in their progress log link but how many people are actually going to diligently do that lol
It might be possible to do based on post count, but the importer screwed things up and the post counts are currently inaccurate.

Other than that, there is no way to actually "detect" what someone's progress log is. Even going by post count isn't really foolproof, because it's possible that someone made more posts outside of their progress log.

The most feasible solution would be to add an additional field, assuming we can't go by post count. I could look into that also though.

This is probably the best way to do it for now:

AktRwNX.png

Most users won't be making so many threads that it won't be one of the first options there.

Very minor but is it possible to have it keep the formatting when I copy and paste a post?

As in keep the sizing and colours from the post I am copying from, on the edit screen or wherever

Very minor but is it possible to have it keep the formatting when I copy and paste a post?

As in keep the sizing and colours from the post I am copying from, on the edit screen or wherever
As far as I can tell this already works. Do you mean copying from the forum to somewhere else?

For me it keeps the bold/underline but doesn't keep the size or colour
Did some research. As far as I can see this isn't possible, but I've asked to see if it is. Perhaps it can be done through an addon.

Back