• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

SUGGESTIONS & BUG REPORTS MEGATHREAD

I'm trying to upload images to the "Picture Feedback Megathread", but it's telling me
> The uploaded file is too large

The picture in question is only 1.1 MB which is not very large for an image IMO. Can we up this limit to something more reasonable like 5 or 10 MB? Or if you wanted to compress the images / reduce their size server-side, that's fine, it's just kind of annoying for users to have to fuck around with.

I'm trying to upload images to the "Picture Feedback Megathread", but it's telling me
> The uploaded file is too large

The picture in question is only 1.1 MB which is not very large for an image IMO. Can we up this limit to something more reasonable like 5 or 10 MB? Or if you wanted to compress the images / reduce their size server-side, that's fine, it's just kind of annoying for users to have to fuck around with.
I've increased it to 10MB. Let me know if you have any other issues

I'm decent technically. If you want we could talk in DMs about this and other issues. I'm might be able to help.
It's very specific technical issues pertaining to Xenforo and the importer tools, we will have to talk to Xenforo support about it.

It's very specific technical issues pertaining to Xenforo and the importer tools, we will have to talk to Xenforo support about it.
Alright, I understand. If you need an extra hand, just let me know. I'd be glad to assist this forum in any way possible.

Very minor but after I just posted in the picture feedback megathread that thread doesnt show up on my homepage or my profile’s posts.

Very minor but after I just posted in the picture feedback megathread that thread doesnt show up on my homepage or my profile’s posts.
Hard to troubleshoot now because you deleted it, let us know if this happens again.

Is there any way to backup ones logs?

It seems a lot of content, like pictures and certain links within threads, we're lost.

Long live this forum, i sincerely hope, but one day it may fade into obscurity like thebold GLL. I regret not saving my log from then to be able to look back.

Id like to be able to do so with this forum, if it's something simple I can do from my end, let me know what it is, if you would

not a complaint or suggestion but rather praise for @Squilliam

i was in the middle of writing a somewhat long post and my browser crashed (note to self, make sure to write nontrivial posts in a text file beforehand instead!). but the text was cached so i was able to continue writing where i left off.

this was a feature i had requested @kyil_andy to implement in the OG KYIL (which he did) and i'm glad it works here on the new forum software too!

Last edited:

It seems a lot of content, like pictures and certain links within threads, we're lost.

Long live this forum, i sincerely hope, but one day it may fade into obscurity like thebold GLL. I regret not saving my log from then to be able to look back.

Id like to be able to do so with this forum, if it's something simple I can do from my end, let me know what it is, if you would
if there's not an official way, i suggest using the SingleFile browser plugin to save full htmls of your log. i did it with my original KYIL posts.

a bit of manual work going through all the pages and doing that, but i'm sure if you really wanted to, you could further automate the plugin or even the browser to autoclick on whatever. for me, i just knocked it out in 5-10 minutes, saving each page.

i keep receiving alerts but when I click i don't see anything
Still having this issue? It's been working fine for me and nobody else has reported this issue.

You can "print" and save as pdf, but there's no way to download the entire thread in one without an addon. I'd have to talk with the tech team about this. Colgate also has just offered a suggestion.

not a complaint or suggestion but rather praise for @Squilliam

i was in the middle of writing a somewhat long post and my browser crashed (note to self, make sure to write nontrivial posts in a text file beforehand instead!). but the text was cached so i was able to continue writing where i left off.

this was a feature i had requested @kyil_andy to implement in the OG KYIL and i'm glad it works here on the new forum software too!
Yep I love that feature too. That's why we switched to Xenforo. It's all around just better software. It's properly maintained and well-made. It's expensive for a reason.

i'd like to customize the home page. specifically i would personally like two features
1. on the old forums i could disable the "recent posts" feed, or set how many posts show up per "page"
2. pin specific threads to home page (for myself). yes i can use bookmarks but it's not the same, because i tend to just go to winnerwith.in

EDIT: if anyone wants a hack for 1, use the below ABP filter (works in most adblockers)
Code:
winnerwith.in##.siropuRecentPosts

Last edited:
I'm sure it's possible to allow users to save an entire thread. I'd love to have that feature added.
Will talk with tech team about this.

i'd like to customize the home page. specifically i would personally like two features
1. on the old forums i could disable the "recent posts" feed, or set how many posts show up per "page"
2. pin specific threads to home page (for myself). yes i can use bookmarks but it's not the same, because i tend to just go to winnerwith.in

EDIT: if anyone wants a hack for 1, use the below ABP filter (works in most adblockers)
The addon probably has a feature for this. I'll check for you.

I'm not sure about pinning threads to the homepage. Probably would require a separate addon.

Back