Picture Feedback Megathread

zar04 said:
it’s a bit embarassing to have to ask this but how do i not look sad in photos.

I can’t smile voluntarily - it doesn’t look good. I tried not looking sad; i have no clue how to.

Should i try faceapping / photoshopping the expressions?

I had the same problem at first. In my experience smiling for a photo is something you will actually improve at the more you try and do it. And the best way to practice it is to go and do photo shoots. That’s why a Tri-pod and a camera is, imo, such a useful tool. You can take as many pics of yourself as you want free of charge, whenever you want. Spend an hour a day shooting photos for a week and your smile is going to improve. And if you happen to hit a great one, you’ve got a pic right there. If you don’t have a tripod and a camera you could ask a friend to take pics of you with their phone and try a photoshoot like that.

Another thing that helped me was looking at photos of guys with great smiles and trying to imitate it. Obviously they have different facial structures, but I still found it helpful to have an idea of what I was going for.

Ofc you don’t have to smile, you could go for another expression. I chose to try and smile because I thought it would be easier than a stoic gaze. If you want to go for a different look, find a guy, or a few guys, with an expression you like on the internet and try to capture the same vibe. You might not nail it at first, but the more photos you take, the better you’ll get at it.

Also fwiw on a photoshoot, I’ll snap like 1000-2000 pics with the shutter and most of them are still bad. But these days usually a few are decent and now and then one will be great. That’s all you really need.

zar04 said:
it’s a bit embarassing to have to ask this but how do i not look sad in photos.

I can’t smile voluntarily - it doesn’t look good. I tried not looking sad; i have no clue how to.

Should i try faceapping / photoshopping the expressions?

Maybe try not to smile, start with a small smirk. Or you could just go stoic face and then use faceapp to give you a smile.

You could also try learning how to squinch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff7nltdBCHs&t=7s

On the topic of your shoot I like your fourth pic but expression could be better.

Went and took some more photos with a friend of mine. Today there wasn't much light and it was overcast so the photos look more cold compared to the previous ones.
Did go out in the city so the background should feel a bit more natural.

The photo with the red background is a reference from the previous shoot. Most of them kinda look awkward.

2nd to last looks good. IIRC Mystery Method had some harsh things to say about holding a drink in front of your chest instead of at your hip, but the vibe on that pic seems good regardless.

Thanks for the feedback Adventurer

About that picture I quite like the fact that we managed to capture a couple of cars moving behind so it looks "alive" in a way.

Also I think the drink holding thing applies when in a conversation to show a more relaxed body language. I'd say that usually it's more of a cocktail rather than a coffee cup. Still good point.

Just finished editing the photos that i took earlier.

Only thing i did was use face-app premium to edit my facial expressions to make me look less depressed. Apart from that and a mild touch up to the skin smoothness; photos are the same.

These better?

zar04 said:
Just finished editing the photos that i took earlier.

Only thing i did was use face-app premium to edit my facial expressions to make me look less depressed. Apart from that and a mild touch up to the skin smoothness; photos are the same.

These better?

WAY better. I generally look down on FaceApp but these are tastefully edited.

It's not so much about smiling or not smiling, but more subtle facial movements, mainly your eyes.

You have a very common problem, your eyes look "dead". Like you've been on your computer for 12 hours and are tired. And your brow is too tense, like you are worried or sad.

All of these things hurt your subcomms. It basically communicates boredom, laziness, lack of focus, lack of energy.

Just smiling won't fix this, because it feels fake and other people also easily pick up on it.

You need to smile with your whole face, or only with your eyes.

You need to have more awareness of what kind of vibe you are projecting to other people with your body language, but specially with your face.

It's hard to do it on purpose though. The right vibe generally comes as a result of an spontaneous spike of emotion. It requires practice and a general awareness of the inner emotional states that trigger a good vibe.

Some things that might be helpful:

-Relax your brow and let it drop.
-In general, relax your face.
-Have some anchor that makes you smile naturally (a joke, a good memory). Try to "smile with your whole face"
-Try to focus your eyes into a distant object in the background. The idea is to look more engaged or focused.

I attached 2 photos as an example. I strongly believe this isn't nitpicking. All of those subtleties add up and can add or substract to your baseline attractiveness.

Did a short photoshoot on the beach. Sadly I feel like none of them managed to get pose, expression, angle and lighting correctly at the same time. Any of these usable (perhaps with some editing)?

GoodLookingNerd said:
Did a short photoshoot on the beach. Sadly I feel like none of them managed to get pose, expression, angle and lighting correctly at the same time. Any of these usable (perhaps with some editing)?

Not usable. It's really hard to get candid shirtless photos right.

pancakemouse said:
GoodLookingNerd said:

Would you advise against shirtless photos in general? Normie advise says its too douchey, but if its candid and also a good pose would it be more effective than having a shirt on?

GoodLookingNerd said:
pancakemouse said:

Would you advise against shirtless photos in general? Normie advise says its too douchey, but if its candid and also a good pose would it be more effective than having a shirt on?

Shirtless photos are incredible. Just have to get them right.

Alright so i dyed my hair pink and took some professional photos for the first time. these are the sample photos, i'll have access to more soon.

Additional note: should i get lower blephoroplasty surgery? You can see in the second photo what my under eye area looks like. Not great, and people have told me i have a world weary look lol. Do you guys notice this?

I thought you werent supposed to smile. Looking at these i shoulda. Ive got yellow teeth that whitening doesn't fix though.

Last note: i feel like the exposure also makes my hair brighter and pinker than it really is.

zekler said:
Alright so i dyed my hair pink and took some professional photos for the first time. uhh i'm not feeling too great about it. Please review these, i'll be getting more soon this is what the shoot was like though.

Additional note: should i get lower blephoroplasty surgery? I hate how my under eye area looks and i'm pretty sure women don't like it either. Of course those close to me gaslight me that it doesn't matter or they "don't see anything" even though sometimes they ask me if im tired. I look permasad in these photos(i sorta am) but i'm actually a quite animated person in real life.

I thought you werent supposed to smile. Looking at these i shoulda. Ive got yellow teeth that whitening doesn't fix though.

Just looking for advice. I'm somewhat dissapointed with these photos i feel like the exposure also makes my hair pinker than it really is.
Why pink? Just wondering. I would've gone with blonde or something like that. I've been blonde for 6 months or so and it's been a pretty significant change.

I think you're a good looking guy who doesn't need any surgery. I don't agree with the color choice, i think pink is a bit of a freakish color that doesn't add the edge needed to attract girl. I think many other colors can work but not pink

Squilliam said:
zekler said:
Alright so i dyed my hair pink and took some professional photos for the first time. uhh i'm not feeling too great about it. Please review these, i'll be getting more soon this is what the shoot was like though.

Additional note: should i get lower blephoroplasty surgery? I hate how my under eye area looks and i'm pretty sure women don't like it either. Of course those close to me gaslight me that it doesn't matter or they "don't see anything" even though sometimes they ask me if im tired. I look permasad in these photos(i sorta am) but i'm actually a quite animated person in real life.

Just looking for advice. I'm somewhat dissapointed with these photos i feel like the exposure also makes my hair pinker than it really is.
Why pink? Just wondering. I would've gone with blonde or something like that. I've been blonde for 6 months or so and it's been a pretty significant change.

My irl autistic redpill friend thought i could pull it off. I'm not sure, i think ashen white/blonde would be better, i may switch to that soon.

And i figured, hey, why not go with pink at least once just to see.

zekler said:
My irl autistic redpill friend thought i could pull it off. I'm not sure, i think ashen white/blonde would be better, i may switch to that soon.

And i figured, hey, why not go with pink at least once just to see.
Yeah I don't think pink was a good choice. I'll let someone more experienced chime in, but I think Thrice hit the nail on the head, it doesn't really add edge.

You also have to consider that dyeing your hair does make your appearance more polarizing. What kinds of girls are you trying to get? I dyed my hair blonde because I mainly pursue musical theater arthoes and similar types to that, which actually like guys with dyed hair. The more normie girls might not like it. But archetypes are very location dependent so I can't say for sure how it would work for you.

zekler said:
should i get lower blephoroplasty surgery?
I heard that eye bags are far more noticeable in photos than IRL. You could probably just photoshop them out rather than getting plastic surgery. Or you could at least start with that and see if it makes a difference online. I really doubt you’d get called out for catfishing for doing that.

I’m not a fan of the hair color either. I have to imagine that alone is going to put off a lot of girls. Maybe there’s a niche that is really into it or something? I guess you could try it out and see what happens.

zekler said:
Alright so i dyed my hair pink and took some professional photos for the first time. these are the sample photos, i'll have access to more soon.

You are attractive. I agree with others about the hair but you already did it, so might as well field test.

The first location is a perfect fit with the look, the second one less so. Have to consider context - why would an alt guy be hanging out in nature in full costume?

Hey guys, so is tinder boosts mandatory now? Im getting 0 matches with this profile in vegas. Its somewhat disheartening. Is this within expectations?

Back