WARNING. These common meds might give you permanent sex. dysfunction

ldoser said:
people who have ED as a result of using minoxidil. Did they use minoxidil in the form of a solution applied on the scalp or foam? Something like these products?

ldoser Thanks.
Yes, the ones I met had it from topical minoxidil. I never inquired if it was solution or foam but I also can't think of any reason why there should be a sensitive difference in outcome between the two.

They were not super rare cases, actually online on the syndromes forums and on reddit, one can find many people with the same story. For example the first result I got googling now is this guy here.

The interesting part about his story is that he experienced a raise in libido at the beginning, which if you followed my previous science rants, is very compatible with a supposed initial raise in estrogens in the very early phase of the syndromes.

Also the latest researches are showing MIN to be very similar to FIN and to the other mentioned substances.

Conclusion
Minoxidil may act by altering hormonal and enzymatic pathways. Our study finds two new targets (CYP17A1, CYP19A1) of minoxidil and demonstrates that minoxidil inhibits androgenic receptor. These targets may provide new ideas for drug research. [...] Minoxidil decreases the formation and binding of DHT, and enhances the production of estradiol.

Shen, Y., Zhu, Y., Zhang, L., Sun, J., Xie, B., Zhang, H., & Song, X. (2023). New Target for Minoxidil in the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia. Drug design, development and therapy, 17, 2537–2547. https://doi.org/10.2147/DDDT.S427612

Back