WARNING. These common meds might give you permanent sex. dysfunction

ldoser said:
people who have ED as a result of using minoxidil. Did they use minoxidil in the form of a solution applied on the scalp or foam? Something like these products?

ldoser Thanks.
Yes, the ones I met had it from topical minoxidil. I never inquired if it was solution or foam but I also can't think of any reason why there should be a sensitive difference in outcome between the two.

They were not super rare cases, actually online on the syndromes forums and on reddit, one can find many people with the same story. For example the first result I got googling now is this guy here.

The interesting part about his story is that he experienced a raise in libido at the beginning, which if you followed my previous science rants, is very compatible with a supposed initial raise in estrogens in the very early phase of the syndromes.

Also the latest researches are showing MIN to be very similar to FIN and to the other mentioned substances.

Conclusion
Minoxidil may act by altering hormonal and enzymatic pathways. Our study finds two new targets (CYP17A1, CYP19A1) of minoxidil and demonstrates that minoxidil inhibits androgenic receptor. These targets may provide new ideas for drug research. [...] Minoxidil decreases the formation and binding of DHT, and enhances the production of estradiol.

Shen, Y., Zhu, Y., Zhang, L., Sun, J., Xie, B., Zhang, H., & Song, X. (2023). New Target for Minoxidil in the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia. Drug design, development and therapy, 17, 2537–2547. https://doi.org/10.2147/DDDT.S427612

New fear unlocked. I was on an antidepressant for 10 years (lexapro) because I was a kid and didn’t have a say. I’ve had problems with partners in the past but even after reading the actual paper I can’t tell if that matches your symptoms. I never really had a chance to figure out my body and I’m not too far off from 40.

Last edited:
Thought Id give an update: I am now on 5 months of dutasteride, 1 dose per week.

No noticeable side effects, also no noticeable hair gains, if anything it has become even thinner than before.

Thank you for providing this much informtion to the community and people here.

I have dealt with post accutane syndrom and it will fucked with me. You do not mention any treatments. What are the options if you have it?

I tried a lot of supplements and some of them had en effect some didnt. Nothing really induced a real long lasting change. The only thing that helped was bupropion and lisdexamphetamin. Both are inoffcially known for increasing sex drive. Right now I think Iam cured but I tried a retinoid cream (trifaroten) on year rgo and it made me crash for months. It supposed to be a retinoid which merly absorps into the bloodstream compared to normal tretinoib and its used for the entire body but it caused the crash anyways.

The other thing which helped or helped other people was a strict carnivore diet. There is a russian doctos who claims that keto or this kind of diet can reverse epigenetic changes. There was alot of neurological symptoms which got better with amino supplementation and carnivore.

There is also speculation that people who get these syndroms had a brain injury before.

The chance of getting these syndroms is really really low. Even a typical dermatologist who prescribes finasteride often will never encounter it. That being said if you have bad luck you will be fucked really hard. You could end up chemically castrated for years of even the rest of your life. There are many people who recovered though.

Back