Picture Feedback Megathread

kratjeuh said:
GN44 said:
Another photo idea since I can't get a dancing or gym photo (gym doesn't allow filming): A running photo.

I don't do running recreationally, but I figure I can get away with a white lie since I do go to the gym and my stamina is decent. If I do a running pic should I wear shorts and shave my legs? I got hairy ass legs

Running is not really sexy anyways, I wouldn’t bother

I just remembered I think my apartment has a gym, if the background isn't total shit and nobody is around I may ask my photographer if he can take pics there. I don't have an amazing physique though but I could just wear a compression shirt and do some curls or cable flys, any exercise that looks cool.

GN44 said:
I got hairy ass legs
You have mentioned hairy body parts a few times now. If this really bothers you then shave it.

I have girls tell me they like my chest hair. I got my back waxed once and the girl I was with hated it she said something like it didn’t feel like me. I think men are meant to have hair. U do u tho

Adrizzle said:
GN44 said:
I got hairy ass legs
You have mentioned hairy body parts a few times now. If this really bothers you then shave it.

I have girls tell me they like my chest hair. I got my back waxed once and the girl I was with hated it she said something like it didn’t feel like me. I think men are meant to have hair. U do u tho

I did, except my legs. I do have some hair. I think trimmed body hair looks good for me but in excess I hate it.

How would a picture like this do with the exact same pose?

I’m asking because I’m planning a photoshoot and to include this one would mean that I might have to sacrifice lifestyle pics, find a different photographer who knows a studio, and likely pay more. I’ll also have to buy my model a lingerie set but that’s not the worst imo.

I could also include a tennis racket in this picture as a cool way to show off a hobby.

I’m in 2 minds because this can make girls totally go crazy and wanting to date a “model” or backfire as an immediate left swipe.

I don’t think it’s tryhard at all in this pose as the girl clearly leans onto the guy. This is however essential otherwise the pic is useless.

kratjeuh said:
How would a picture like this do with the exact same pose?

I’m asking because I’m planning a photoshoot and to include this one would mean that I might have to sacrifice lifestyle pics, find a different photographer who knows a studio, and likely pay more. I’ll also have to buy my model a lingerie set but that’s not the worst imo.

I could also include a tennis racket in this picture as a cool way to show off a hobby.

I’m in 2 minds because this can make girls totally go crazy and wanting to date a “model” or backfire as an immediate left swipe.

I don’t think it’s tryhard at all in this pose as the girl clearly leans onto the guy. This is however essential otherwise the pic is useless.

Bad. Looks like you're dating the girl.

MILFandCookies said:
MILFandCookies said:
In response to @kratjeuh

@AskTheDom and @pancakemouse said all the things I would have said.

When I get back to my laptop I’ll post a social photo pose I like to take that solves all the issues group photos often have, it’s more candid and without fail makes you seem like “the man” in the photo.

I forgot to do this so I'm doing it now.
This photo I took of @Ed_ with @Bman in the foreground is perfect - it shows Ed clearly and makes him the focus, plus it doesn't make girls confused about which one he is, and it still makes him look social.

Copy the over-the-shoulder framing.

Great pic. I reckon this style of pic could be done with editing a pic using an AI, something like DALL-E or generative photoshop fill, to add someone out of focus to the foreground - anyone using it for edits? I speak with pro-photographer mates who tell me the tech in pro grade cameras and photoshop is getting absolutely wild these days - but I'm not a photographer.

Antonio44 said:
MILFandCookies said:
I forgot to do this so I'm doing it now.
This photo I took of @Ed_ with @Bman in the foreground is perfect - it shows Ed clearly and makes him the focus, plus it doesn't make girls confused about which one he is, and it still makes him look social.

Copy the over-the-shoulder framing.

Great pic. I reckon this style of pic could be done with editing a pic using an AI, something like DALL-E or generative photoshop fill, to add someone out of focus to the foreground - anyone using it for edits? I speak with pro-photographer mates who tell me the tech in pro grade cameras and photoshop is getting absolutely wild these days - but I'm not a photographer.

It's possible if you know what you're doing, but even then the original photo needs to be framed well, posed well, etc. AI at this point is a tool you can use. It's not yet to the point that it'll do everything for you.

I dislike your first one. I dunno lighting is harsh.
Don’t like gym one either

5 is cool

Slurp said:
Hi there,
I've collected the pics I use/am considering using for my dating profiles. Could you please suggest which ones, and in which order, would be best?
** Of course the blur is something I've added, the originals are clean

--- USING ---
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

--- CONSIDERING/WAS USING ---
Camera.JPG
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

• The 3rd (you with glasses walking, girl next to you, kid a bit further away)
• The 5th (you against a glass wall with your phone out, looking at the camera)
• and the one with you and the camera are the only useable ones in my opinion.

Some feedback - hopefully it doesn't come across too harsh. I share so you're more aware of how your photos come across and can get better with your next batch:
• The 1st has a cluttered, low value background, plus has meh fashion (not edgy)
• The 2nd is an awkward pose - maybe genuine for the act you're doing but you're bent all the way over and you can't see your face. The lighting is also overly harsh and dramatic
• The 4th (you with friends) your face is tilted a bit too much at an angle and your smile is too reserved... makes you look slightly crazy
• The black and white one of you at dinner - first of all, B+W is weird for dating profiles... too artsy. Okay for Insta though... but it looks like you're eating alone, and everyone around you except you is having fun.
• The one with the dog - it looks like the dog is walking away from you and doesn't want to be near you.
• The gym one - a 90-degree angle (side profile shot) is almost never flattering. Plus the background at the gym is very cluttered and looks messy. Try to find a better looking gym and take a shot from the front-ish. Also, I've found that bicep curls are the easiest exercise to make look good. Doesn't mean others suck for dating profiles, but it's just much easier to do bicep curls in a flattering way.

Some sample photos my photographer took of me. Still need some touch up and watermark removal(which he will do once I pay him).

Lmk if I’m heading in the right direction. This is not all of them.

GN44 said:
Some sample photos my photographer took of me. Still need some touch up and watermark removal(which he will do once I pay him).

The quality of the photos themselves are good, but the facial expressions are not good. They don't inspire emotion, it just feels like you're going through the motions. It's not a complete dealbreaker, but it will hurt you.

pancakemouse said:
GN44 said:

The quality of the photos themselves are good, but the facial expressions are not good. They don't inspire emotion, it just feels like you're going through the motions. It's not a complete dealbreaker, but it will hurt you.

If that is the only issue, then its not a hard fix and its a massive improvement over my old ones.

I can hopefully source the rest of the photos from him and find ones with better expressions. There should be at least a few with them. If not I may see what I can do w/ facetune/faceapp.

I don’t know why people still recommend photofeeler for dating app photos. Look at this bullshit. The black jacket photo was one I used on my Hinge last year which barely got results. What the fuck do women even want on photofeeler?

What pancake said. This photos are visually good. Your style is good. I think these are an improvement but there isn’t strong emotion coming through them. Work on the expressions and posing. This comes with time

Adrizzle said:

What pancake said. This photos are visually good. Your style is good. I think these are an improvement but there isn’t strong emotion coming through them. Work on the expressions and posing. This comes with time

Ok I mentioned earlier I’ll have my photographer go through all the photos. I’m sure there are some perfect ones. If none have good facial expressions and poses, I’ll buy FaceApp premium and tweak it.

GN44 said:
In terms of expression you need to do a lot of work. I won't repeat what pancakemouse has already said.

The reading ones are fine-ish in terms of expression though. Use Mokko filter on Faceapp to make the whole thing warmer for a nicer reading vibe than your stark white living room. Here's one of them with Mokko at 50%.

View attachment 5

However your background is really boring. This is too logical -- it just communicates "I am reading", but nothing makes me think "I want to bang you or hang out with you".

Here are some ideas. These all do more than show a dude reading. There's an emotional aspect to each.

He's on his bed, wearing really casual attire. The girl could wonder, "is this what it's like to spend a lazy sunday with him the morning after I sleep over?" (So if you want a girl to just chill with and read books with in bed, this picture is useful).

In contrast you are wearing a bomber jacket at home? The fashion doesn't suit the environment.
View attachment 1

He's outside, in a cool rustic library. Looks like he's really into reading his book, he's very relaxed. Unlike you, you seem to not be that into reading your book, just casually perusing it rather than being really engrossed. And of course his fashion -- dude dresses quite well with a nice leather jacket and well-fitted jeans. He can dress better but this is quite good already.

View attachment 2

Nice fashion, showing off his watch, hint of a tattoo, some hair on his arms (which is masculine). Looks like a nice cafe. Because of the angle of the photo, the girl can imagine hanging out with him and reading in a cafe on a Sunday afternoon.

Also, a rather artsy pic which is interesting to look at.

View attachment 3

A bit more candid. Yours doesn't have that candid factor (or paparazzi factor).
View attachment 4

Fashion, cool location.

All of these pictures have a story to them. Your reading picture doesn't have that.

The other pics
Firstly please number these so it's easy to discuss them. Read my log for an example of how to do this.

olive jacket/red graphic tee -- fashion is weak here. This picture has no place other than being your first or second picture. Why? The first and second pic are meant to give a sense of how you look, and inspire attraction. The other pics should all tell a story of who you are. Since there is absolutely no story in this pic apart from "this is what I look like and also I hired someone to take a pic of me", you can only use this as your first 2 pics. Yet... it doesn't inspire attraction as your fashion is bang on average or worse than average. Olive green and red don't work together and don't wear a graphic tee. Your pose with your hands in pockets is also not great, ideally have a prop (as MILFandCookies keeps talking about). I recently took pics of my dating photo buddy where he was just standing and we got a decent pic, then I told him to just hold his sunglasses and adjust his denim jacket sleeves and bam, we got a much better picture that was candid and he was looking at the camera in a way that I could Faceapp to turn into a sexual smoulder with a squinch.

Similar comments can be made for the last picture.

gym pic -- I can't comment since I still don't know how to take a good one. MILFandCookies has lots of examples though.

Fashion for the book-reading pics is ok, 6/10 because red bomber jacket is interesting, but I think you are still leaving a lot on the table here.

I would suggest the following:
1. do a fashion overhaul. pinterest a bunch of nice looks and spend >1000 bucks on clothes. Leather jacket, denim jacket (classic attractive man attire). Black jeans, uniqlo supima cotton t shirts in a variety of neutral colours as tight-fitting as looks good on you. Chains, pendants, rings, bracelets etc. If you're down to get a tattoo go for it, I didn't because I'm a pussy.
2. Take lots of selfies with a tripod stick, trying to get different facial expressions.
3. Then finally plan out outfits for different pictures in different high value locations and work closely with the photographer to get the pictures taken. you want to show your hobbies in a flattering way too so go take pictures of yourself engaging in your hobbies, and don't forget to plan your outfits for those too!

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:
In terms of expression you need to do a lot of work. I won't repeat what @pancakemouse has already said.

The reading ones are fine-ish in terms of expression though. Use Mokko filter on Faceapp to make the whole thing warmer for a nicer reading vibe than your stark white living room. Here's one of them with Mokko at 50%.

photo_smaller.jpg

However your background is really boring. This is too logical -- it just communicates "I am reading", but nothing makes me think "I want to bang you or hang out with you".

Here are some ideas. These all do more than show a dude reading. There's an emotional aspect to each.

c509eb53805d96b0bcecd30a2ca30b22.jpg

He's on his bed, wearing really casual attire. The girl could wonder, "is this what it's like to spend a lazy sunday with him the morning after I sleep over?" (So if you want a girl to just chill with and read books with in bed, this picture is useful).

In contrast you are wearing a bomber jacket at home? The fashion doesn't suit the environment.
e95514dc1887d3a566155a9f490bc99f.jpg

He's outside, in a cool rustic library. Looks like he's really into reading his book, he's very relaxed. Unlike you, you seem to not be that into reading your book, just casually perusing it rather than being really engrossed. And of course his fashion -- dude dresses quite well with a nice leather jacket and well-fitted jeans. He can dress better but this is quite good already.

4cfc6b9cb16f451eadea91b294480106.jpg

Nice fashion, showing off his watch, hint of a tattoo, some hair on his arms (which is masculine). Looks like a nice cafe. Because of the angle of the photo, the girl can imagine hanging out with him and reading in a cafe on a Sunday afternoon.

Also, a rather artsy pic which is interesting to look at.

7ae71d5edf258b5d1451cc9ae7eba320.jpg

A bit more candid. Yours doesn't have that candid factor (or paparazzi factor).
e7e82dd890e0ab5e60eb576237ab2ad4.jpg

Fashion, cool location.

All of these pictures have a story to them. Your reading picture doesn't have that.

The other pics
Firstly please number these so it's easy to discuss them. Read my log for an example of how to do this.

olive jacket/red graphic tee -- fashion is weak here. This picture has no place other than being your first or second picture. Why? The first and second pic are meant to give a sense of how you look, and inspire attraction. The other pics should all tell a story of who you are. Since there is absolutely no story in this pic apart from "this is what I look like and also I hired someone to take a pic of me", you can only use this as your first 2 pics. Yet... it doesn't inspire attraction as your fashion is bang on average or worse than average. Olive green and red don't work together and don't wear a graphic tee. Your pose with your hands in pockets is also not great, ideally have a prop (as @MILFandCookies keeps talking about). I recently took pics of my dating photo buddy where he was just standing and we got a decent pic, then I told him to just hold his sunglasses and adjust his denim jacket sleeves and bam, we got a much better picture that was candid and he was looking at the camera in a way that I could Faceapp to turn into a sexual smoulder with a squinch.

Similar comments can be made for the last picture.

gym pic -- I can't comment since I still don't know how to take a good one. @MILFandCookies has lots of examples though.

Fashion for the book-reading pics is ok, 6/10 because red bomber jacket is interesting, but I think you are still leaving a lot on the table here.

I would suggest the following:
1. do a fashion overhaul. pinterest a bunch of nice looks and spend >1000 bucks on clothes. Leather jacket, denim jacket (classic attractive man attire). Black jeans, uniqlo supima cotton t shirts in a variety of neutral colours as tight-fitting as looks good on you. Chains, pendants, rings, bracelets etc. If you're down to get a tattoo go for it, I didn't because I'm a pussy.
2. Take lots of selfies with a tripod stick, trying to get different facial expressions.
3. Then finally plan out outfits for different pictures in different high value locations and work closely with the photographer to get the pictures taken. you want to show your hobbies in a flattering way too so go take pictures of yourself engaging in your hobbies, and don't forget to plan your outfits for those too!

These aren’t all the photos. This photographer hasn’t done photos for dating apps so these are just ones he likes. He’s not thinking “these are the photos that will get a guy laid”. That’s where I come in and I’ll go through the catalogue and pick my favorites.

I think the bomber works because it’s a thin jacket which is good in a cool environment. The only other alternative is a hoodie which has 0 appeal. My fashion relative to people on this forum is average but around me 98% of people throw on some random hoodie and pants. Definitely above average at least in my current area.

Also I’m not reading a book. I’m writing. It’s a planner but I could say it’s me writing important things down or whatever. I think it would be good for adding some mystique, making girls wonder what I could be writing about, though maybe it is just mundane.

I have a photo of me cooking/seasoning food. That one is definitely candid but more lighting editing had to be done to make it better. Basic fashion but the shirt hugged my arms well. I’ll post it once he sends it to me.

I don’t have enough money for a fashion overhaul. I only had a limited amount to work with which is why I was searching for a photographer who was willing to work with me for 100 ish dollars.

For facial expressions I can do some practice then ask if we can reshoot if none of my current pics work. He said when we worked together we were doing 1.5 hours for 100$ and 20$/hr for extra. So hopefully it’s just another 20$ if we reshoot.

The gym pic we did a different exercise and I think there was one picture I really liked from that. So I’ll probably get that.

We also got some cool walking shots that are very candid/have some paparazzi factor.

He’s a CS major so he’s probably quite busy but the wait is killing me. Cuz at this point I don’t know if I have ones that will do the trick. May just get a months trial on FaceApp.

GN44 said:
I think the bomber works because it’s a thin jacket which is good in a cool environment. The only other alternative is a hoodie which has 0 appeal. My fashion relative to people on this forum is average but around me 98% of people throw on some random hoodie and pants. Definitely above average at least in my current area.

Leather jacket, denim jacket. Bombers are fine, but they aren’t as attractive as leather jackets which I think have to be a part of your wardrobe.

On the money aspect. The fashion overhaul isn’t something you get done in a day, unless you’re like me and hire a stylist. it’s gonna take years to build up a good wardrobe. Slowly over time as you build wealth etc you’re gonna be able to afford better clothes and new photoshoots. Make do with what you can now but always improve. I understand your situation right now isn’t the best so these pics are already going to be quite good apart from the facial expressions. But over time as you develop your fashion sense and take new photos you can replace pics in your profile.

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:

Leather jacket, denim jacket. Bombers are fine, but they aren’t as attractive as leather jackets which I think have to be a part of your wardrobe.

On the money aspect. The fashion overhaul isn’t something you get done in a day, unless you’re like me and hire a stylist. it’s gonna take years to build up a good wardrobe. Slowly over time as you build wealth etc you’re gonna be able to afford better clothes and new photoshoots. Make do with what you can now but always improve. I understand your situation right now isn’t the best so these pics are already going to be quite good apart from the facial expressions. But over time as you develop your fashion sense and take new photos you can replace pics in your profile.

I could get one leather jacket but it would have to be something <100$.

That’s what I’m doing right now, I want to get laid before the end of college, but my financial situation isn’t where I want it so I have to make do.

Back