Picture Feedback Megathread

GN44 said:
I could get one leather jacket but it would have to be something <100$.

That’s what I’m doing right now, I want to get laid before the end of college, but my financial situation isn’t where I want it so I have to make do.

Well yeah you’re in college so you can buy really cheap clothes and it’s perfectly ok because you’re competing within your dating cohort…

If you’re in college, regular pics of you just doing things and being cool should work. I went on lots of dates with free tinder 3-4 years ago when I was in college. Granted that was a while back and tinder may have changed. But really your competition is weak so you’ll be able to do a lot with basic pictures and an interesting bio. Just try to portray a cool and fun lifestyle.

foducossy42 said:
But really your competition is weak so you’ll be able to do a lot with basic pictures and an interesting bio. Just try to portray a cool and fun lifestyle.

It’s actually the total opposite of what you say but I understand why you think so.

College girls want the hottest dick walking around. They usually don’t care too much about money or other redpill stuff (but you’re handsome so girls liked you back then no matter). Competition actually gets worse when guys age and have nothing to compensate.

My advice for OP is to roll with what he has now, look for a side hustle to make money and use this money for new clothes and afterwards better pics

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:
I could get one leather jacket but it would have to be something <100$.

That’s what I’m doing right now, I want to get laid before the end of college, but my financial situation isn’t where I want it so I have to make do.

Well yeah you’re in college so you can buy really cheap clothes and it’s perfectly ok because you’re competing within your dating cohort…

If you’re in college, regular pics of you just doing things and being cool should work. I went on lots of dates with free tinder 3-4 years ago when I was in college. Granted that was a while back and tinder may have changed. But really your competition is weak so you’ll be able to do a lot with basic pictures and an interesting bio. Just try to portray a cool and fun lifestyle.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. I understand your fashion criticisms way more if I was living in a city like Miami, LA, SF, London, etc. Ppl in the Midwest don’t really seem to care as much.

My old profile was super “pick me boy” because a lot of people fed me shitty advice of how I just need to look like a good dude and matches would come easy. Thing is from this forum I learned the pics need to tell a story and show yourself off to attract the archetype of women you want. My old profile attracted uninteresting girls who I did not find attractive at all physically and personally.

I need a better gym pic and I need to pick out a good cooking pic. I also remember having a pretty cool walking shot, hopefully my photographer hits me back today. The bio I have no clue what to write. I tried using AI but I still felt uncertain.

kratjeuh said:
foducossy42 said:
But really your competition is weak so you’ll be able to do a lot with basic pictures and an interesting bio. Just try to portray a cool and fun lifestyle.

It’s actually the total opposite of what you say but I understand why you think so.

College girls want the hottest dick walking around. They usually don’t care too much about money or other redpill stuff (but you’re handsome so girls liked you back then no matter). Competition actually gets worse when guys age and have nothing to compensate.

My advice for OP is to roll with what he has now, look for a side hustle to make money and use this money for new clothes and afterwards better pics

At the 20-30 level I think competition is higher or that’s been my experience at least — moving to a bigger city means more competition overall from guys who have photoshoots etc. But also in uni everyone was more liberal so race was less of a factor. I think there’s a more mixed crowd in London so it’s been harder in many ways. Or maybe Tinder is just shittier now than before. Or perhaps nobody was using Tinder in uni because they could get laid at clubs while I, an introvert, stuck to online game. And now they’re all getting professional shoots and taking online dating much more seriously so the competition has shot up.

Hard to say. I had cool travel pics that served as a DHV, like a pic with me and some elephants etc. But I also didn’t have any professional photos, and I was generally very smiley and nice guy.

I also didn’t really get laid a lot though (5 girls in 2 years lol), but I think that was because I had weak game (sit opposite to the girl and talk shit for 2 hours hoping to get a second date, instead of bringing her back to mine within an hour). So many regrets, I definitely could have gotten laid a few more times if I were less of an idiot and moved faster.

Anyway, what I meant by “basic pictures” is just shit taken from a phone. Fashion I would definitely agree is important. Professional photos not so important IMO. I would take the money and buy some great clothes and get a college buddy (they all live nearby anyway!) to come and snap some shots of you on campus or eating food etc in different outfits, using a phone camera.

That’s way better than some poses with a blurred background. No amount of background blur can fix bad fashion or lame standing around poses.

That being said, I agree with you, GN44 can roll with what he has here and over time improve fashion and take better pics.

And also fair, my looks definitely played a part and continue to in why I stick so resolutely to online dating. But I’m also brown so I get screwed over in the west for sure.

GN44 said:
The bio I have no clue what to write. I tried using AI but I still felt uncertain.

Post it here and I’ll take a look.

Handy hack: look at hinge prompts and answer them in an interesting, “show don’t tell” way. For example for unusual skills I put down “make a mean X dish, planning last-min trips and making crazy bets”. Most girls just focus on the dish because it sounds interesting (also why I keep it private). I’ve lost count of how many times they have asked me what it is. And it comes from Europe so I seem well-traveled, cultured and I would hope, lessens my brownness (I am culturally not very Indian so trying to represent myself accurately).

Two truths and a lie is also useful to do.

I work a lot with curiosity openers. You should try coming up with some.

foducossy42 said:
kratjeuh said:

At the 20-30 level I think competition is higher or that’s been my experience at least — moving to a bigger city means more competition overall from guys who have photoshoots etc. But also in uni everyone was more liberal so race was less of a factor. I think there’s a more mixed crowd in London so it’s been harder in many ways. Or maybe Tinder is just shittier now than before. Or perhaps nobody was using Tinder in uni because they could get laid at clubs while I, an introvert, stuck to online game. And now they’re all getting professional shoots and taking online dating much more seriously so the competition has shot up.

Hard to say. I had cool travel pics that served as a DHV, like a pic with me and some elephants etc. But I also didn’t have any professional photos, and I was generally very smiley and nice guy.

I also didn’t really get laid a lot though (5 girls in 2 years lol), but I think that was because I had weak game (sit opposite to the girl and talk shit for 2 hours hoping to get a second date, instead of bringing her back to mine within an hour). So many regrets, I definitely could have gotten laid a few more times if I were less of an idiot and moved faster.

Anyway, what I meant by “basic pictures” is just shit taken from a phone. Fashion I would definitely agree is important. Professional photos not so important IMO. I would take the money and buy some great clothes and get a college buddy (they all live nearby anyway!) to come and snap some shots of you on campus or eating food etc in different outfits, using a phone camera.

That’s way better than some poses with a blurred background. No amount of background blur can fix bad fashion or lame standing around poses.

That being said, I agree with you, @GN44 can roll with what he has here and over time improve fashion and take better pics.

And also fair, my looks definitely played a part and continue to in why I stick so resolutely to online dating. But I’m also brown so I get screwed over in the west for sure.

The amount of people on dating apps shot up during the pandemic. I think that’s all there is to it. Majority of profiles on them are still crap though, I doubt most people on the apps are getting professional shoots. Hell I asked on Reddit and they told me just using good selfies is fine and I was crazy for wanting to do a shoot, but from what I have observed and known selfies are the WORST.

I check out profiles on the dating app subreddits and most of them would get absolutely ripped to shreds here, but redditors pull their punches a lot unlike here.

But what did I expect, asking redditors for dating advice is like asking an obese person how to eat healthy.

The only competition I’m worried about is the (and I hate this word with all my being) stereotypical “chad”, but I figure if I get my photos situated right and craft a great bio my profile should be within the top 10-15%. I am Asian so I have to look cool. I’m not looking to be the guy who gets laid the most.

My current goal is to get some matches at least between a 5-7/10, and eventually get up to 7+. It’ll be an improvement over my old one where I got a bunch of 4s, maybe a 5 and a 6 here and there.

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:
The bio I have no clue what to write. I tried using AI but I still felt uncertain.

Post it here and I’ll take a look.

Handy hack: look at hinge prompts and answer them in an interesting, “show don’t tell” way. For example for unusual skills I put down “make a mean X dish, planning last-min trips and making crazy bets”. Most girls just focus on the dish because it sounds interesting (also why I keep it private). I’ve lost count of how many times they have asked me what it is. And it comes from Europe so I seem well-traveled, cultured and I would hope, lessens my brownness (I am culturally not very Indian so trying to represent myself accurately).

Two truths and a lie is also useful to do.

I work a lot with curiosity openers. You should try coming up with some.

This is what the AI wrote, personally not a fan. Initially I liked it but now I’m just like “nah”.

Completely with you on the curiosity part. The cooking picture is me making fried rice so maybe I can say some prompt about that, or just cooking in general. The fried rice isn’t really in the shot as well so maybe they could ask what I am making.

I have to figure out what Hinge prompts work best for telling about me and attracting the types of girls I want.

GN44 said:
I have to figure out what Hinge prompts work best for telling about me and attracting the types of girls I want.

Cooking
Salsa
Dancing (same as salsa basically)
Lifting
Traveling
Eating food

How about keeping it simple with:

“I like salsa, both the dance and the food”
“Will walk a long way for salsa, both the dance and the food”

Alternatively, Hinge prompt answer:

Unusual skills: wearing out my salsa shoes, knowing the secret to the best buffalo sauce and planning last-min trips

I’m just like other guys except I dance salsa when I’m drunk and will make you the best buffalo wings if you bring the beer.

I’m just like other guys except I dance salsa when I’m drunk and know the best place for buffalo wings.

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:

Cooking
Salsa
Dancing (same as salsa basically)
Lifting
Traveling
Eating food

How about keeping it simple with:

“I like salsa, both the dance and the food”
“Will walk a long way for salsa, both the dance and the food”

Alternatively, Hinge prompt answer:

Unusual skills: wearing out my salsa shoes, knowing the secret to the best buffalo sauce and planning last-min trips

I’m just like other guys except I dance salsa when I’m drunk and will make you the best buffalo wings if you bring the beer.

I’m just like other guys except I dance salsa when I’m drunk and know the best place for buffalo wings.

I could so something like (and lmk if this is good)

Unusual Skills: Dancing Salsa, finding the best places to eat, and baking your favorite pastries

Dunno about talking about being drunk cuz I am way too unfiltered when I am drunk. Not fun.

What other prompts are good? Last time I used Hinge my answers were too "nice guy".

GN44 said:
Unusual Skills: Dancing Salsa, finding the best places to eat, and baking your favorite pastries

My dude, you took everything that was good about my suggestions and shat all over it.

The point is to be interesting, to “show, don’t tell”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show,_don't_tell

Don’t say “dancing salsa”, say “wear out salsa shoes too fast” or something.
“May own more pairs of shoes than you on account of my salsa addiction”

“Finding the best places to eat” versus “knows the best place for X” (DHV, also more emotive and is a curiosity trigger, girls will ask you where that place is)

“Baking your fav pastries” — firstly, this is food again so now you’re leaning heavier into being a foodie. Be mindful. Can be a valid strategy just be mindful that you’re doing that. But again, “your fav pastries” — you’re positioning yourself as the nice guy baking her pastries while she bangs your roommate. Name your signature pastry you can make. That’s much more interesting.

The drunk thing is just an idea, you can tweak it. And it really doesn’t matter, it’s just a hint as to what your hobbies are. It’s fine if you don’t actually dance salsa when drunk. This is just an interesting way to introduce that you do salsa, without just saying the word salsa.

Don’t be logical about it, be emotional.

It’s not even about the prompt, it’s just inspiration and a nice package.

I have changed unusual skills to Strengths because I wanted to add a funny/sexual “Weaknesses” section (e.g. of a weakness: short skirts).

What matters is crafting that story.

You don’t SAY you go to the gym, you have a gym picture SHOWING that. Likewise, you don’t say you go to the gym… you say something like “Lift heavy things and put them down” though this is overused.

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:

My dude, you took everything that was good about my suggestions and shat all over it.

The point is to be interesting, to “show, don’t tell”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show,_don't_tell

Don’t say “dancing salsa”, say “wear out salsa shoes too fast” or something.
“May own more pairs of shoes than you on account of my salsa addiction”

“Finding the best places to eat” versus “knows the best place for X” (DHV, also more emotive and is a curiosity trigger, girls will ask you where that place is)

“Baking your fav pastries” — firstly, this is food again so now you’re leaning heavier into being a foodie. Be mindful. Can be a valid strategy just be mindful that you’re doing that. But again, “your fav pastries” — you’re positioning yourself as the nice guy baking her pastries while she bangs your roommate. Name your signature pastry you can make. That’s much more interesting.

The drunk thing is just an idea, you can tweak it. And it really doesn’t matter, it’s just a hint as to what your hobbies are. It’s fine if you don’t actually dance salsa when drunk. This is just an interesting way to introduce that you do salsa, without just saying the word salsa.

Don’t be logical about it, be emotional.

It’s not even about the prompt, it’s just inspiration and a nice package.

I have changed unusual skills to Strengths because I wanted to add a funny/sexual “Weaknesses” section (e.g. of a weakness: short skirts).

What matters is crafting that story.

You don’t SAY you go to the gym, you have a gym picture SHOWING that. Likewise, you don’t say you go to the gym… you say something like “Lift heavy things and put them down” though this is overused.

Sorry, still learning.

Could say I know the best spots for Chinese food/fried chicken. Need to phrase that good though. So according to you it could be like "knows the best place for Chinese food"

For pastries I have made a lot of different ones. I think the most difficult ones to make that I got right are cinnamon rolls and cheesecake. So could maybe talk about those. Did this last time and it fell flat, probably just needs tweaking.

The salsa one is a difficult one, cuz it does set me apart, but I have to phrase it in a sexually appealing way. Though actually you are not totally wrong on the drunk part. Last salsa party I was at dancing felt less anxiety inducing after getting a little alcohol in my system.

Only thing i am unsure of is the "im just like other guys" starting point since wouldn't she know that he is gonna segway this into a point about how i am "not like the other guys", which can come off kinda pickme.

On second thought i do like this part you suggested:

Unusual skills: wearing out my salsa shoes, knowing the secret to the best buffalo sauce and planning last-min trips.

I will just tweak the buffalo sauce to fried rice as its easier for me to do.

GN44 said:
knows the best place for Chinese food

Knows the best place for <specific Chinese dish>. Be even more detailed. Sweet and sour chicken.
But also maybe try to “whitewash” a bit. Don’t lean into being Asian. So something like burritos or tacos or burgers (but be specific and interesting, maybe there’s a place that does salmon burgers which is cool as opposed to a standard beef burger).

GN44 said:
For pastries I have made a lot of different ones. I think the most difficult ones to make that I got right are cinnamon rolls and cheesecake. So could maybe talk about those. Did this last time and it fell flat, probably just needs tweaking.

Yeah that’s enough, just saying “makes a mean cinnamon roll” is enough.

GN44 said:
The salsa one is a difficult one, cuz it does set me apart, but I have to phrase it in a sexually appealing way. Though actually you are not totally wrong on the drunk part. Last salsa party I was at dancing felt less anxiety inducing after getting a little alcohol in my system.

Yeah you can try getting ChatGPT to brainstorm sexy ways of describing salsa. You can also say something like “Can do the salsa but also the horizontal tango”. Horizontal tango is a euphemism for sex.

GN44 said:
Only thing i am unsure of is the "im just like other guys" starting point since wouldn't she know that he is gonna segway this into a point about how i am "not like the other guys", which can come off kinda pickme.

It’s a bit self deprecating, so I don’t think it gives pickme. Definitely not as bad as “will bake your fav pastries” which is simp af. Humour will always be a bit polarising though so it’s not a top pick of mine.

GN44 said:
Unusual skills: wearing out my salsa shoes, knowing the secret to the best buffalo sauce and planning last-min trips.

Yeah just do that. Another idea is “owner of many worn out salsa shoes”.

If you don’t have a first line, ie unusual skills is your whole bio, then do:

Unusually skilled at wearing out my salsa shoes 💃, (etc).

Think it flows better. And yes include the emoji, it grabs attention. Just don’t overdo emojis.

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:
knows the best place for Chinese food

Knows the best place for <specific Chinese dish>. Be even more detailed. Sweet and sour chicken.
But also maybe try to “whitewash” a bit. Don’t lean into being Asian. So something like burritos or tacos or burgers (but be specific and interesting, maybe there’s a place that does salmon burgers which is cool as opposed to a standard beef burger).

GN44 said:

Yeah that’s enough, just saying “makes a mean cinnamon roll” is enough.

GN44 said:

Yeah you can try getting ChatGPT to brainstorm sexy ways of describing salsa. You can also say something like “Can do the salsa but also the horizontal tango”. Horizontal tango is a euphemism for sex.

GN44 said:

It’s a bit self deprecating, so I don’t think it gives pickme. Definitely not as bad as “will bake your fav pastries” which is simp af. Humour will always be a bit polarising though so it’s not a top pick of mine.

GN44 said:

Yeah just do that. Another idea is “owner of many worn out salsa shoes”.

If you don’t have a first line, ie unusual skills is your whole bio, then do:

Unusually skilled at wearing out my salsa shoes 💃, (etc).

Think it flows better. And yes include the emoji, it grabs attention. Just don’t overdo emojis.

I guess if we are being specific I could do Chicken Parmesan. There is a good Chinese spot I know that does amazing fried fish, so maybe "fried fish" or "Chili fried fish".

For the "makes a mean cinnamon roll" one could I just put that under the "The one thing you should know about me is" prompt?

Will definitely add the emoji.

The main kinds of girls I am trying to attract are fit, ambitious, kind/empathetic, smart/educated, etc. Basically the kind of girl who takes herself seriously but has fun with life and tries to make the world better for the people around her.

I still need a third prompt. Figure it can't be about food or salsa dancing now so it would probably have to speak to my character, or just reinforce that I am masculine and confident, which my pics should already show. I did this last time and again, it was some pick me bullshit.

I asked ChatGPT about that and it said these two which stood out to me:

"I believe the key to a successful relationship is..."

Share your thoughts on what makes a successful relationship, highlighting your confidence in understanding what works for you.

"I'm looking for someone who can..."

Express your expectations or standards with confidence, indicating what you value in a potential partner.

---------------------

Again, still very in the process of figuring this out so I could (at least for Hinge) go with:

Unusual skills: wearing out my salsa shoes💃, knowing the secret to the best fried rice, and planning last-min trips.

The one thing you should know about me is (or My greatest strength): Makes a mean cinnamon roll

Still need to figure out a third.

GN44 said:

Tbh I thought you were looking at building a Tinder bio. Didn’t know you were using Hinge. But anyways…

Greatest strength: deadlifts

Done.

First prompt should be deadlifts (short and funny hook), second is salsa (the meat is here) and last is cinnamon roll (it’s the weakest IMO)

But this gives you a pretty solid set of prompts.

The relationship ones are stupid, the answers are always the same. Communication etc etc. blah blah.

But it is a strong signal of wanting a relationship so if you want that then include it, just try to be a bit more specific about what a relationship looks like to you.

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:

Tbh I thought you were looking at building a Tinder bio. Didn’t know you were using Hinge. But anyways…

Done.

First prompt should be deadlifts (short and funny hook), second is salsa (the meat is here) and last is cinnamon roll (it’s the weakest IMO)

The relationship ones are stupid, the answers are always the same. Communication etc etc. blah blah.

But it is a strong signal of wanting a relationship so if you want that then include it, just try to be a bit more specific about what a relationship looks like to you.

My intention is start off with Hinge, Bumble, FB dating, and Feel'd (which I heard is good, I think it was you who said it was). Really not looking for a relationship, just want to get laid.

Are you sure about deadlifts? Most other guys will have at least one gym pic and maybe talk about it so I don't know if that would stand out, especially for me who doesn't have an elite body. Can skip the relationship stuff tho.

GN44 said:
foducossy42 said:

Done.

My intention is start off with Hinge, Bumble, FB dating, and Feel'd (which I heard is good, I think it was you who said it was). Really not looking for a relationship, just want to get laid.

Are you sure about deadlifts? Most other guys will have at least one gym pic and maybe talk about it so I don't know if that would stand out, especially for me who doesn't have an elite body. Can skip the relationship stuff tho.

Why not tinder? It really depends what is used in your area I guess.

I love Feel’d but I don’t think you’re gonna have much success with it, it’s for sexually experienced people only (eg those who already know what their sexual preferences are). Similarly, Fetlife is wayyyy too much for me, I’m not that experienced yet.

I have used the same line before and it was reasonably successful. Girls like a guy who takes care of his body. And it’s quite a funny answer to that prompt. It’s not the most unique but it also isn’t that common I think. Try it and change it out if it doesn’t work.

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:

Why not tinder? It really depends what is used in your area I guess.

I love Feel’d but I don’t think you’re gonna have much success with it, it’s for sexually experienced people only (eg those who already know what their sexual preferences are). Similarly, Fetlife is wayyyy too much for me, I’m not that experienced yet.

I have used the same line before and it was reasonably successful. Girls like a guy who takes care of his body. And it’s quite a funny answer to that prompt. It’s not the most unique but it also isn’t that common I think. Try it and change it out if it doesn’t work.

I am gonna get Tinder, but don't I need platinum for that to even work? I figured if I want to do Tinder platinum I would need a great profile because a mid profile with platinum would probably not work well. But I did look up Tinder is the most popular dating app in my city. Maybe I could just start off with the free version.

If thats true about Feel'd I will probably just hold off on that.

Maybe for greatest strength I can do something like staying positive or putting myself first. I totally get that girls want a guy who takes care of his body. Hell I want the same thing too, and gym bunnies do that the most. If I can't come up with anything better I may just do that.

GN44 said:
I am gonna get Tinder, but don't I need platinum for that to even work? I figured if I want to do Tinder platinum I would need a great profile because a mid profile with platinum would probably not work well. But I did look up Tinder is the most popular dating app in my city. Maybe I could just start off with the free version.

At the very least you’ll get a noob boost when you start. And idk, it depends on the city. I bet you every guy in London is on Tinder platinum which makes Tinder free useless. But maybe elsewhere in other cities it’s not so hard. Location makes a big diff.

You’ll also find that it depends on you and your archetype. I do very well on Hinge. For some reason not Bumble. Tinder is so-so for me, maybe because London is London. Feel’d is great for me. But there will be guys in London for whom Tinder or Bumble work better. You gotta experiment and find out.

Just use the deadlifts line since you’re not looking for relationshippy girls anyway. Staying positive is a bit too nice. No edge. Not funny either. Putting yourself first is not bad, but also not something to communicate on a relationship app. And for casual encounters you sound like the kinda guy who will cum and roll over.

Also GN44 can you create a log for further discussions like this? I just realised this is the main picture feedback thread. Keep this stuff in your log, you’ll be glad you did anyway as it’ll be all stored in one place.

foducossy42 said:
GN44 said:

At the very least you’ll get a noob boost when you start. And idk, it depends on the city. I bet you every guy in London is on Tinder platinum which makes Tinder free useless. But maybe elsewhere in other cities it’s not so hard. Location makes a big diff.

You’ll also find that it depends on you and your archetype. I do very well on Hinge. For some reason not Bumble. Tinder is so-so for me, maybe because London is London. Feel’d is great for me. But there will be guys in London for whom Tinder or Bumble work better. You gotta experiment and find out.

Just use the deadlifts line since you’re not looking for relationshippy girls anyway. Staying positive is a bit too nice. No edge. Not funny either. Putting yourself first is not bad, but also not something to communicate on a relationship app. And for casual encounters you sound like the kinda guy who will cum and roll over.

I don't know if this was your intention (maybe the joke flew over my head) but was the deadlifts supposed to be for "my greatest strength" because unlike using that to describe character you are using it to describe physical strength? If so that sounds pretty interestingly subversive lol.

IDK what my archetype really is. I seem to do a little bit of everything.

Hinge is a lot more forgiving than Tinder or Bumble. Tinder is just the most cluttered app amongst bots and other bullshit. Bumble the girls message you first so you really gotta stand out. I got like 6 likes and 3 matches my first time on Hinge. Probably would have been 0 on Tinder.

Back