Picture Feedback Megathread

Paid Renegade said:
@GN44 my first gut impression was that it looks posed. Not like someone else snapped a candid pic of you actually working out. You’re right that hair and jawline looks good but it’s also about the overall vibe of the pic

Photofeeler often returns results contrary to what you think your best picture is but in my experience it has tracked pretty well with online dating performance. Better to think of it that those girls are doing you a favor by giving their feedback vs “a sudden influx of bitches came in and ruined my score”

This is such a confusing case for me because I have been told this yet I was actually struggling in this pic to lift the dumbbell, so it was taken mid shot.

Most of the comments on PF were about the fact I wasn’t looking at the camera and I looked to intense. Only one girl commented on it feeling posed out of 20.

I’ll reshoot it though, how could I make it come off less posed?

GN44 said:
Take lots of pics. Hundreds. MILFandCookies would be a good one to ask but these would also be good to copy
gym.jpg
Untitled-2-1.jpg

GN44 said:
I posted this pic on Photofeeler and got like a 6.4 with 20 votes. It was at like an 8+ for like 10 votes but all of a sudden I got an influx of girls complaining about me looking intense and not holding eye contact with the camera. Mf its a gym photo im supposed to be locked in not thinking about a camera.

Is it a bad pic? I honestly really liked it when I took it. My jaw+hair looks good, I look focused, and my arm looks good.

Btw, I took it with an Iphone 11 in portrait mode+10s timer using a tripod. Some faceapp but doesn't look too much different from the unedited.

You look good but you look like you're a fashion model pretending to lift at the gym. Your face and pose are too stiff, and not in the way it would naturally be if you were lifting. Loosen up, try to take photos of you doing the thing, rather than pretending to do the thing... posing to look like you're not posing is hard. Takes lots of practice to get right. It's easier to actually do the thing.

GN44 said:
Paid Renegade said:
@GN44 my first gut impression was that it looks posed. Not like someone else snapped a candid pic of you actually working out. You’re right that hair and jawline looks good but it’s also about the overall vibe of the pic

Photofeeler often returns results contrary to what you think your best picture is but in my experience it has tracked pretty well with online dating performance. Better to think of it that those girls are doing you a favor by giving their feedback vs “a sudden influx of bitches came in and ruined my score”

This is such a confusing case for me because I have been told this yet I was actually struggling in this pic to lift the dumbbell, so it was taken mid shot.

Most of the comments on PF were about the fact I wasn’t looking at the camera and I looked to intense. Only one girl commented on it feeling posed out of 20.

Girls know how they feel about a photo but they don't know why they feel a certain way about a phots... that's one reason I don't like photo feeler. Most girls' specific feedback is useless, except that they like or don't like something.

Interesting to hear that you were actually mid-rep. Sometimes I find that candid shots can feel posed at times, depending on many small variables.

My suggestion is to loosen up. Relax. Try looking different places, taking the photo from different angles. Taking tons of photos. Some will feel posed, some won't.

MILFandCookies yeah seems like the small variables came together to make it look posed despite the fact I was doing the thing.

I took these pics post gym so me being already tired may have been a bad move. I really really had to lock in to get a pic. I have a little hope things will be better if I do it on a rest day, tonight most likely since I’m pretty free.

I’ll try different angles for sure.

The biggest issue is that you are not fit/big/jacked enough just yet to pull off the gym pic successfully. It will take some more time of consistent exercise to reach that point.

Other fixes are:
- Location: The gym background of Milfs pics looks more like a high-tier gym (+ other people training is always good)
- Clothes and accessories: Your fit looks dull compared to the other pics --> Headphones, branded gym clothes, tank tops, ... Ideally you'd shoot this pic in shorts or at least grey sweatpants (girls love grey sweatpants)
- The angle is weird: Take a bicep curl pic like the one attached by Milf. It looks more like he knows what he's doing even though your exercise might technically be better.

With your current physique, you can get a pic that fills the hobby pic if it meets the above criteria but it won't give you matches. I'd personally keep making one for practise and use it for insta rather than tinder.

kratjeuh said:
The biggest issue is that you are not fit/big/jacked enough just yet to pull off the gym pic successfully. It will take some more time of consistent exercise to reach that point.

Other fixes are:
- Location: The gym background of Milfs pics looks more like a high-tier gym (+ other people training is always good)
- Clothes and accessories: Your fit looks dull compared to the other pics --> Headphones, branded gym clothes, tank tops, ... Ideally you'd shoot this pic in shorts or at least grey sweatpants (girls love grey sweatpants)
- The angle is weird: Take a bicep curl pic like the one attached by Milf. It looks more like he knows what he's doing even though your exercise might technically be better.

With your current physique, you can get a pic that fills the hobby pic if it meets the above criteria but it won't give you matches. I'd personally keep making one for practise and use it for insta rather than tinder.

Understood

Location is definitely an issue since none of the active campus gyms allow recording. They’d immediately call me out if I brought my tripod.

Outfit I get. I don’t really pay attention to the outfit since I’m just there to workout, but I never considered that. Appreciate it.

Angle is fair, I was focused on convenience with the tripod+timer combo. I could probably get a better angle if I had someone else shooting for me.

Hobby pics are becoming difficult to fill. The only things I think I can show on the apps are cooking, photography, and dance. Though I have been told cooking can seem kinda cuck for the apps. This only leaves photography and dance, but dance is hard to capture, maybe a video but idk.

Can a cooking pic work? I can scrap the gym pic idea for now

GN44 said:
Hobby pics are becoming difficult to fill. The only things I think I can show on the apps are cooking, photography, and dance. Though I have been told cooking can seem kinda cuck for the apps. This only leaves photography and dance, but dance is hard to capture, maybe a video but idk

Those are 3 of the most sexy hobbies according to women so you’re fine.

Cooking is only cuck if performed poorly. Imagine you cooking with a pan on fire or seasoning a côte à l’os, that’s pretty sexy.

kratjeuh said:
GN44 said:
Hobby pics are becoming difficult to fill. The only things I think I can show on the apps are cooking, photography, and dance. Though I have been told cooking can seem kinda cuck for the apps. This only leaves photography and dance, but dance is hard to capture, maybe a video but idk

Cooking is only cuck if performed poorly. Imagine you cooking with a pan on fire or seasoning a côte à l’os, that’s pretty sexy.

The cooking pic I have is pretty cuck so Ill need something more masculine. I don't know if this would help but a black apron could help.

My kitchen is pretty drab but my photographer said just use a lot more props to make it more lively+colorful.

The flame thing is such a dope idea but I have an electric stove in my apartment. I could defo attempt that though when I go home to my stove with an actual flame.

These two pics from my old shoot are a rough idea of what I am thinking I could do. I won't use these but would this idea be okay?

GN44 said:
kratjeuh said:

The cooking pic I have is pretty cuck so Ill need something more masculine. I don't know if this would help but a black apron could help.

My kitchen is pretty drab but my photographer said just use a lot more props to make it more lively+colorful.

The flame thing is such a dope idea but I have an electric stove in my apartment. I could defo attempt that though when I go home to my stove with an actual flame.

These two pics from my old shoot are a rough idea of what I am thinking I could do. I won't use these but would this idea be okay?

Let’s take a deeper look into the topic. Whatever I mention here basically works the same for any type of activity you ever consider to add on your profile.

Except for very weird stuff, every hobby or activity works. But more importantly, there are levels to convey for any activity. Because we’ll see based on these examples, you can be perceived as a loser with your cooking pic or a godlike chef.

What matters besides your appearance on these pics
- Perceived skill of the activity or high value traits (confidence, pose, …), the latter is most important on portrait and I look good pics

How girls see these pics

1) This is a dork cooking with a shirt given by his mom in his grandmas kitchen. He seems to have no clue what he’s doing.

2) Decent looking dude who apparently lives healthy. Boring kitchen though and did he just threw veggies in the pan or is my man cooking for real?

3) Cool kitchen, he looks pretty decent at cooking. But I can’t see the food so is he legit. I’m not sure, maybe he’s acting. Eh so so

4) Ow damn he looks pretty good. Seems like we’ll be eating healthy and it looks delicious. Maybe we can cook together sometime.

5) Wow, he’s going to give me a full show when he’s cooking for me. He’s handsome and an amazing chef, swipe right.

For all I know, the dude on pic 5 might be a clown and can’t cook for shit. But due to his action combined with the location and the outfit, I’d assume he’s one hell of a cook.

You should aim to at least be at the level of number 3 if you except the picture to add value to your profile.

In your case I’d keep what you have for now but really try to get closer to the next level.

I can find many cooking activities on Airbnb near me. They have nice kitchens and multiple options as to what they will be making. You could try to find one of these with a friend and make cool pics of each other. Imo it’s going to be hard to find an angle to make your place look dope but maybe you can with enough trial and error. And don’t make a pasta, everyone can do that, girls know.

kratjeuh said:
GN44 said:

Let’s take a deeper look into the topic. Whatever I mention here basically works the same for any type of activity you ever consider to add on your profile.

Except for very weird stuff, every hobby or activity works. But more importantly, there are levels to convey for any activity. Because we’ll see based on these examples, you can be perceived as a loser with your cooking pic or a godlike chef.

What matters besides your appearance on these pics
- Perceived skill of the activity or high value traits (confidence, pose, …), the latter is most important on portrait and I look good pics

How girls see these pics

1) This is a dork cooking with a shirt given by his mom in his grandmas kitchen. He seems to have no clue what he’s doing.

2) Decent looking dude who apparently lives healthy. Boring kitchen though and did he just threw veggies in the pan or is my man cooking for real?

3) Cool kitchen, he looks pretty decent at cooking. But I can’t see the food so is he legit. I’m not sure, maybe he’s acting. Eh so so

4) Ow damn he looks pretty good. Seems like we’ll be eating healthy and it looks delicious. Maybe we can cook together sometime.

5) Wow, he’s going to give me a full show when he’s cooking for me. He’s handsome and an amazing chef, swipe right.

For all I know, the dude on pic 5 might be a clown and can’t cook for shit. But due to his action combined with the location and the outfit, I’d assume he’s one hell of a cook.

You should aim to at least be at the level of number 3 if you except the picture to add value to your profile.

In your case I’d keep what you have for now but really try to get closer to the next level.

I can find many cooking activities on Airbnb near me. They have nice kitchens and multiple options as to what they will be making. You could try to find one of these with a friend and make cool pics of each other. Imo it’s going to be hard to find an angle to make your place look dope but maybe you can with enough trial and error. And don’t make a pasta, everyone can do that, girls know.

Excellent breakdown, this will make the process a lot easier to think through and take action the right way. Ill add these to my notes.

The current cooking photo I have up is probably a 1 or a 2 right now. Not good. From your breakdown I think aiming for at least a 4 would be optimal but Ill probably have to take several 1-3s to get to it anyways.

I can ask my friend or even my photographer if they know places or if I could use their kitchens if it is better looking than what I have. I do believe I can make something work. Paired with lightroom which I should be getting access too soon I have a bit more confidence to make it happen.

Instead of Pasta I could do something like a thai curry or maybe some chicken/fish dish I know how to make. It needs nice presentation thats for sure

GN44 theres a mismatch between your style and your face. Your face has refined and intelligent features—looks out of place in a t-shirt in a gym. Should instead dress formally and take a pic in a downtown area for the refined urbane look.

klondike said:
GN44 theres a mismatch between your style and your face. Your face has refined and intelligent features—looks out of place in a t-shirt in a gym. Should instead dress formally and take a pic in a downtown area for the refined urbane look.

Appreciate the feedback. I have a couple of fits i can do in a downtown setting I think will look pretty good. Ill def need my photographer for it but I can make it happen.

GN44 said:
Hobby pics are becoming difficult to fill.

The problem with this logic is that you think they're actually required. In 5 years of using apps, 80+ lays, I never had a single hobby photo.

Hobby photos are great if you want to get a girlfriend. Not if you want to fuck.

There are other ways to show you're a dynamic, sexworthy human being.

pancakemouse said:
The problem with this logic is that you think they're actually required. In 5 years of using apps, 80+ lays, I never had a single hobby photo.

but social pictures are still required right?

Thrice said:
pancakemouse said:

Strongly encouraged. But really the idea is to show girls you're not a loner that escapes to do self-photoshoots. That can be displayed in other ways other than just having other people in your photos.

Thrice said:
IMO the value of social photos is a bit overstated. They help but if you show yourself to be a cool well rounded guy, I don't think it makes a massive difference. I've heard people say that it maybe increases your results by 5%.

I have a decent one now. It's probably my best photo in terms of expression. I don't think it's helped that much.

pancakemouse said:
GN44 said:
Hobby pics are becoming difficult to fill.

Hobby photos are great if you want to get a girlfriend. Not if you want to fuck.

I only really think that because I am still an app noob and need every sort of "boost" my value on the apps can have.

Some hobbies are defo cuck, but others can be appealing like kratjeuh said like dance and photography.

GN44 said:
pancakemouse said:

I only really think that because I am still an app noob and need every sort of "boost" my value on the apps can have.

Some hobbies are defo cuck, but others can be appealing like kratjeuh said like dance and photography.

Hobby photos aren't a boost, they're at best neutral or a detractor, especially the way you're doing them.

You're in college, you aren't expected to have "hobby photos". College app success is about being cool, not being a complete person.

pancakemouse said:
GN44 said:

Hobby photos aren't a boost, they're at best neutral or a detractor, especially the way you're doing them.

You're in college, you aren't expected to have "hobby photos". College app success is about being cool, not being a complete person.

fair enough. Ill prioritize looking cool+like a guy who gets laid rather than think "oh gotta let the women know i have hobbies".

Back