• Welcome to the forums, Guest. Please note that you must make a post in the introduction thread and upload an avatar to gain full access to the forums.

Radicals Log - 90 Outfits

Paid Renegade dont be surprised if you see military style pieces everywhere soon. Seen a few content creators pick that as a potential incoming trend for next year. Lots of camo options etc

Alright I am making a list and picking some bits up

The look with the leather, I loved, and I wore mine tonight on a date (which was great)

I am going to create some new looks. There are some bangers here. Damn.

Ravi

What up once more

Outfit #5 - Reworking my avatar outfit

rough notes:
- vibe and occasion
my avatar outfit was just something i wore to go daytime shopping in so thats the rough vibe
casual outfit, multiple occasions
this rework is for slightly colder weather, hence the sweatshirt

- taikan sweatshirt in acid wash black with white undershirt
first off i love this piece
undershirt i threw in having tried it on without - it looked fine, it looked clean but it felt like another layer added something more
this look in theory works with a hoodie too of course, but i dont have a hoodie thats as visually interesting as the acid wash and also hoodies are kinda out vs sweatshirts this year. Of course hoodies are too much of a staple to be out entirely but i think the rise of old money and preppy looks has really pushed sweatshirts to the fore hence im using them a lot. Also a ton of good options out there atm

- cargos in grey with AF1s
as with the avatar
im big on light grey options generally and i have a fair few of them to match
these are regular fit amazon essentials cargos, they cost basically nothing and are holding up surprisingly well for 2 years in rotation
the look of them is a little bit soft though so i have to edge up more around them for my style

- accessories
put on a few more here
i like the minimal st christopher pendant against black items and so it works here over the sweatshirt (advantage over hoodies with sweatshirts is they allow for chains easier)

song today is something for a warehouse rave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-WKDFiX07s

View attachment 2

Outfit #6 - Cream & Clean

- vibe and occasion
Similar to the last one, just a casual outfit for multiple occasions
Piece by piece this is probably the most up to date outfit i've posted
Vibe is fairly soft on this one, the colour scheme will catch eyes tho

- taikan sweatshirt black acid wash
2 in a row for this piece
It works great against the cream like all black pieces will

- Asics Japan S in black white
these came in on order last week, they are replacing my stan smiths in rotation (shelving them for the moment)
Was torn between the black/white and white/white but choose black/white so the brand recognition is easier
View attachment 1

- light accessories
bracelet & rings
we did a pendant over the sweatshirt so mixed it up with the clean look here
I could go with different accessory options and switch up the vibe a little, wouldnt take much

SMP update in here too - my guy did a sick job on the 2nd session

the song i listen to first thing in the morning
https://youtu.be/4kN1xkQ4lcI?si=lv62eF7nHUUsmpsD

Outfit #7 Navy bomber on grey

Click the image, forum previews are ass

- Uniqlo Ma-1 blausen bomber in navy
Uniqlo continues to bring out the best affordable jackets year on year - this was a very recent pick up
I really like navy as a colour for me as it compliments my orange facial hair

- light grey hoodie
While i've been using hoodies less this year they pair way better with my bomber jackets as the underlayer than sweatshirts. Sweatshirts I use more for all other jackets
The no drawstring hoodies were hugely popular last couple of winters, this option is from Only & Sons
The hoodie is a pretty close colour match with the cargos, I could have throw on a white undershirt but decided not to break the monotone underlayer up here

- regular light grey cargos and AF1s
A pairing I use a lot that works well
Completely matches the vibe of the chunky bomber
Have been considering baggier cargos made of sturdier material but not seen the same colour yet

- a few rings
issue with hoodies is they prevent you wearing a chain, you sort of can but i dont like having it pop out of the neck
A beanie or cap is an option to add another accessory of course

Can't believe this track is 11 years old, a house classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usltSZgR6sU

Fuck bro you're gonna have me dropping a lot of cash at this rate

So many of these looks are fire

RADICAL KING

MakingAComeback said:

RADICAL KING

If you have anything left over from buying the forum

Radical said:
MakingAComeback said:

RADICAL KING

If you have anything left over from buying the forum

Hahahahha

That one will be a group effort ;-)

The bros are gonna help me out with this, and then the rest will be spent on Radical's 90 outfits

Outfit #8 - Black with texture switch up

Click the picture as forum previews not good

rough notes:

- leather jacket and waffle stich shirt
Somewhat experimenting with texture here. With all black outfits its often suggested that you contrast textures in place of contrasting colours.
The waffle stich shirt is an attempt to do this here, might not show too well in the picture though
This may work better with like a sweatshirt where the texture is even more pronounced and obvious
I bought the shirt more as a loungewear piece but it has some utility in layering too
Leather jacket I've worn in a previous outfit
I bought it 11 years ago and recent jacket trends have come around to racer styles like this one, which is nice. Its touch small on me though, when the racer jacket trend dies I will replace it most likely. Its had a real good run

- Taikan relaxed chinos (cuffed) and Chelsea boots
A nice trend I've seen lately is taking straight and relaxed pants and cuffing them over boots
Works well to show off boots while still keeping with the more relaxed pants trends

- accessories
Rings and necklace here pretty standard
Might prefer a shorter chain here on reflection, not a huge diff though

Some of Oliver Heldens techno project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU9H7q67NW8

Radical said:
With all black outfits its often suggested that you contrast textures in place of contrasting colours.

I wear all black quite often, and my wardrobe only has 3 colors: black, white, red.

I've also found contrasting textures gives a dynamism that stands out. Right now because it's cold in ATX my go to is black cotton hoodie, minimal leather jacket with hoodie hood sticking out, black jeans ripped at the knees. If it's really cold I'll sport a textured black beanie with it. The texture of my beard against the shine of my long hair, laying against the fit also gives it a boost. Solid look imo.

Radical said:

outfit 7a.png

rough notes:

Somewhat experimenting with texture here. With all black outfits its often suggested that you contrast textures in place of contrasting colours.
The waffle stich shirt is an attempt to do this here, might not show too well in the picture though
This may work better with like a sweatshirt where the texture is even more pronounced and obvious
I bought the shirt more as a loungewear piece but it has some utility in layering too
I bought it 11 years ago and recent jacket trends have come around to racer styles like this one, which is nice. Its touch small on me though, when the racer jacket trend dies I will replace it most likely. Its had a real good run

A nice trend I've seen lately is taking straight and relaxed pants and cuffing them over boots
Works well to show off boots while still keeping with the more relaxed pants trends

- accessories

Ooh sexy. I've been rocking the all black to keep things simple while I focus on business post-breakup. Bought more black jeans and black shirts to make it easy to look slick without much effort...

This is giving me ideas though. Keep it up man, it's interesting to see your fashion reasoning and theory. I've learned so much from seeing you share your fashion musings and teachings over the years.

Radical said:
90 Days of Outfits

As part of this im going to log 90 different outfits on here over the next 3-4 months

Every post will have:
1. Picture of the outfit
2. Notes explaining the pieces and my thinking on the combination - these will be fairly rough and not polished up to say blog/email content standard

To make this easier I just have to complete 90 outfits, doesnt have to be 90 days consecutively (it will likely be close to that though).

Fucking love seeing you get back into fashion man.

Been off everything for a couple of days due to some stuff, good thing i set this challenge as non consecutive days... its more about posting the 90

Yesterday i had to handle a break up conversation with a girl I had been seeing for more than a year, not fun but necessary
Today i had my final SMP session. Having a chill evening to recover, plus im still kinda sad about yesterday

Outfit #9 - A favoured colour scheme

This is still video footage off my Canon rather than an iphone photo this time, was checking to see if it was easier and still high quality. Quality is ok, it isnt easier tho
35mm really gets my face looking better than the iphone

rough notes:

- Beige bomber and white slim t-shirt
Bought this bomber from Topman via ASOS in 2020 and still have it in rotation
Really like it in both combination with white and black underlayers
Noticed that this t-shirt is a little on the small side having shrunk after wash dry cycles, will be replacing it

- Levis 501 93s
Followers of the thread might be getting sick of these pants rn
I really like the beige, white, black wash denim combination - works even better on darker complexions than mine

- Asics Japans
Still looking box fresh
Perfect pairing with everything else as they are black/white with a beige/neutral detailing

- Sox hat, Rings, bracelet
Wearing more rings lately, two aside here
Sox hat is faux suede, it looks nice up close but i cant wear it out in rain or sweat in it much

Sampha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YPtbploIyU

Radical said:
Noticed that this t-shirt is a little on the small side having shrunk after wash dry cycles, will be replacing it
Just ordered one from Bylt Basics (their straight hem option) that fits pretty good and is noticeably longer than the ones from Zara. Actually a little on the long side but looks great layered under a bomber.

Great outfits btw! Especially love the bombers with slim fit tees

Paid Renegade i'll probably be going with uniqlo next, quality of product is just so good for their price
with the length i dont want something looking oversized unless thats the intended fit of the piece, slim and regular need to finish at roughly my seat for me personally

Radical said:

outfit 7a.png

rough notes:

- accessories

really like this outfit, may try to replicate something like it but my leather jacket is a motorcycle style so it'll be quite different.

Nice outfit I may need to copy it

It's never easy letting go of a girl. Some days you'll be completely over and other days you'll feel bad. But it gets easier as time progresses.

Edit: Typo

Jacobpalmer123 yeah agreed, i've been a bit deflated last couple days but will not be like this for long.

Outfit #10 - grungey outfit for dive bar hopping

Rough note:

Vibe and occasion
- last NYE we decided to hop a few dive bars we like in the city, this is what i wore

Alpha industries bomber on stussy green reverse stitch shirt
- the bomber is a classic piece of mine, had it for 4 years almost
- green stussy shirt is a nice piece, comes into its own more in summer. Has reverse stich detailing which i quite like

Levis 501 93s and New Balance 574s
- yes the NB 574s are dirty and need replacing. Been trying to get them clean but i've given up, wore them into the ground over summer, wasnt going to use them in any outfits for this but i wanted to resurrect this outfit from last NYE.
- fake suede is a pain in the ass frankly
- I think New Balance shoes have had their moment now, they are still gonna be everywhere but fashion heads have moved on (to stuff like gel Asics and the hot adidas options like Sambas and Gazelles) - they might drop some new designs that take off but they have had a great run the last few years anyway and are mainstream popular beyond just being dad shoes

Stacking accessories
- wearing more stuff than usual as it fits the vibe better
- brixton grey beanie to colour match the shoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELrBolP5mM

Back