If Scotty changed your life, consider donating (Andy's Log)

KillYourInnerLoser said:
17 Reasons to Date Younger Women

Oh boy. Now that is a spicy topic, any women were here. It's posts like these that make me thank that this forum is only men, so far.

KillYourInnerLoser said:
4) Making videos is a billion times easier than writing an article. Holy crap.

Just an idea, why don't you just make videos and hire someone else to transcribe your videos. Then, BAM, that's your blog. What do you think?

I'll give this a listen, because I get a lot of guilt dating anyone 2+ years younger than me. My feed at times get filled with the memes of "you expire by age 25". Fuck need to remove the guilt of dating younger women.

Watched 1 second and loved it. What can I say; I missed your Aussie mug.

Regarding the transcription, you can check rev.com. I've used them in the past and they're great.

You've probably thought about it, but with big topics you can create 2 or more videos. So for this one, you'd give 9 reasons and in the next one, the other 8. It helps with exposure. Not sure if it fits 100% the vision you have for your work.

KillYourInnerLoser said:
Finally did my first piece of video content. It's here:

17 Reasons to Date Younger Women

I've had a bunch of people (Radical most of all) tell me to hurry the hell up and do some damn YouTube vids, so I'm glad I've finally started. Learned a lot making this video.
1) Editing is hard
2) Rendering & uploading 1080p videos takes FOREVER. I have a 4K camera but I don't think I'm ever going to shoot in 4K, it'll take too long to edit/upload footage.
3) The noise levels weren't great in this - at some points I'm too loud, other points a bit too quiet. Will improve as I do more of these.
4) Making videos is a billion times easier than writing an article. Holy crap.

Fucking smashed it out the park mate

KillYourInnerLoser said:
I'm gonna shut myself in and never leave for the next 3-6 months (literally not go into public), and build my site/money like crazy.

Let me remind something you wrote years ago:

You were doing some kind of phone support for a company. Think it was back in 2017. Since you could work from home you spend tons of hours inside and barely went out in the real world. You were depressed.

Then, either somebody suggested it or you did it yourself, you took your laptop and went to Starbucks to do your work. You instantly you felt better. Later your realized that you enjoy being around people and it was a dumb idea to stay in.

Just some keto-friendly cheeseburger for thought

KillYourInnerLoser said:
I'm gonna shut myself in and never leave for the next 3-6 months (literally not go into public), and build my site/money like crazy.

This is the best attitude to have right now.

This pandemic is gonna have a massive impact on your life style,but it's not your fault and their is very little you can do about it. The best thing you can do is focus on the positive and find away to do what you can or work around the current limitations set on you.

It super sucks that this is happening right as KYIL is doing so well, but do you have something else you can focus on right now?

KillYourInnerLoser said:

You aren't alone here Andy. It's still just as bad where I am from as it is over there. Let's hustle like crazy and make our lives better. This is the only way we can give the middle finger to COVID-19.

Here in the US we have virtually no hope that things will get back to normal anytime soon. We have mask mandates too (at least here in Texas), high case numbers, high death counts, and little plans by our leaders. I can’t leave my country because the rest of the world isn’t allowing Americans. It’s truly frustrating if you dwell on it. Instead I’m focusing on what I can control and kicking ass.

MattsCrib said:
Why are people in the US so much against masks? :D It's not that uncomfortable.

I’m personally not against it and I’d say that 80-90% of people in the major cities are following it because our case totals are so bad.

MattsCrib
Why are people in the US so much against masks? :D It's not that uncomfortable.

The problem with masks is that it is mandated by government to wear one. It goes against our individual freedoms and liberty. It's essentially authoritarian policies used to control the US population. If they can mandate this, what else can they mandate? I don't have an issue with government asking us to wear masks. The problem becomes when it is mandated by government for us to wear masks. They essentially think that we are good little bitches who should obey whatever they tell us to do. Whenever I think of masks, the first thing that comes to mind is the book 1984.

Plus, it's uncomfortable as fuck, and I don't want to wear one.

Plus, there is no data that shows that Coronovirus is dangerous - it's essentially as deadly as the common flu. Sources that say it is super dangerous are nothing more than radical leftist propoganda.

Plus, there is no data that shows that masks actually prevent Coronavirus. There are multiple studies that actually show the opposite.

Overall, I just think it's dumb as fuck to wear one.

boblikestacos666 said:
The problem becomes when it is mandated by government for us to wear masks. They essentially think that we are good little bitches who should obey whatever they tell us to do. Whenever I think of masks, the first thing that comes to mind is the book 1984.
Amen brother

KillYourInnerLoser said:
I appreciate you trying to help. I think you missed the lockdown + mandatory masks + police/army giving out fines part.

Yeah I did and feel like a dick now. I'm sorry. Hadnt realized how crappy the situation is. When you wrote mandatory masks, I thought they'd be as mandatory as here - aka nobody cares if you wear one or you dont.

KillYourInnerLoser , sorry in advance for this post. This is your log and not a political discussion, but I strongly believe if this is to be a successful self-improvement forum then we should be able to debate ideas and defend our arguments.

boblikestacos666 said:
The problem with masks is that it is mandated by government to wear one. It goes against our individual freedoms and liberty. It's essentially authoritarian policies used to control the US population. If they can mandate this, what else can they mandate? I don't have an issue with government asking us to wear masks. The problem becomes when it is mandated by government for us to wear masks. They essentially think that we are good little bitches who should obey whatever they tell us to do. Whenever I think of masks, the first thing that comes to mind is the book 1984.

The government already mandates you do things in the name of safety. You have to wear a seat belt when you drive. How come you aren't in arms over that? I'd argue seat belts are an even more egregious violation of your rights, as they only protect you and masks are worn to protect others from you so at least their is a public safety argument to be made.

Also I don't understand the motive the government would have to implement these measures if they weren't necessary. Last I checked voting rights weren't curbed and that's how we decide our leaders. What benefit would the government get from forcing people into lockdown? It completely kills the economy, hurts their bottom line, and makes them unpopular. Even a fascist government wouldn't want to kill their economy, it makes no sense.

boblikestacos666 said:
Plus, there is no data that shows that Coronovirus is dangerous - it's essentially as deadly as the common flu. Sources that say it is super dangerous are nothing more than radical leftist propoganda.

The current IFR estimate from the CDC is 0.65% https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html. The seasonal flu's IFR is 0.1%, so COVID-19 is 6.5 times more deadly than the flu. That, combined with the fact that its novel so there is no resistance to it (remember people get vaccinated for the flu every year so it doesn't infect as many people) and the fact that pre-symptomatic transmission is possible (this is less of a problem with the flu, though in the US people still come to work with the flu unfortunately) and you have a disease that can spread at a dangerous exponential rate. The worse flu seasons kill 60,000 people in the US and COVID-19 has killed 154,000 already. This is WITH lockdowns and offices being closed (for the most part). Imagine if we did nothing.

boblikestacos666 said:
Plus, there is no data that shows that masks actually prevent Coronavirus. There are multiple studies that actually show the opposite.

I'm not sure where you got this from. Researchers have done simulations on what would happen if the population wore masks. In one simulation, 80% wearing masks did more to reduce COVID-19 transmission than a strict lockdown (w/o masks) did. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

In America our economy is really hurting right now, and the idea that we could pretty much open everything back up safely if people wore masks makes it painful that people are putting up so much resistance to the idea.

I'm open to being told I'm wrong, but I want hear real arguments backed by data. Let's have a good debate and try to change each other minds. That's what self-improvement is all about!

That sounds awesome Andy. I swear nature makes everything better. Also as an American seeing a kangaroo in the wild would be epic (I realize they are basically rodents there haha).

Yeah I would never be in favour of hard speech rules on here

I'm against fucking around and would tell people starting political debates that this is the wrong forum

I dont think theres anything more detrimental to your life in terms of pointless time wasting than politics

If you want to debate principles and moan about governments theres a ton of places built for just that

benstrong26 Thank you for expressing your beliefs.

benstrong26 said:
The government already mandates you do things in the name of safety. You have to wear a seat belt when you drive. How come you aren't in arms over that? I'd argue seat belts are an even more egregious violation of your rights, as they only protect you and masks are worn to protect others from you so at least their is a public safety argument to be made.

I'm against the government mandating me to wear a seatbelt. I'm in arms over that as well. I'm against any form of government coercion. If I choose to not wear a seatbelt and die as a result, then that was my choice - the government shouldn't be able to dictate what I do in the safety of my own car.

benstrong26 said:
masks are worn to protect others from you so at least their is a public safety argument to be made.

I don't agree that masks are there for a public safety reason - I think they are there to make it seem as if government is doing something about Corona, when the reality is everyone will eventually get it.

benstrong26 said:
Also I don't understand the motive the government would have to implement these measures if they weren't necessary. Last I checked voting rights weren't curbed and that's how we decide our leaders. What benefit would the government get from forcing people into lockdown? It completely kills the economy, hurts their bottom line, and makes them unpopular. Even a fascist government wouldn't want to kill their economy, it makes no sense.

The motive is to make it seem as if they are doing something positive, when the reality is they are infringing upon their citizen's rights.
At first, no one knew how deadly the virus was, so everyone was panicking and there was a hysteria of fear. Due to this, lockdown were instituted. A good example of a fascist government that does want to kill their economy is Australia (especially the part where Andy is living in). Almost no deaths, but complete government shutdown. A fascist government doesn't care about the economy - the only thing it cares about is if it has control of its citizens.

Which political party would benefit the most from an economic downturn in the next election? Of course the Democrats.

benstrong26 said:
The current IFR estimate from the CDC is 0.65% https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... arios.html.

Do you really trust the CDC? Didn't they say that the death rate was like 2 % first? Now it's .6 %? Keeps going down and down... So much for a trustworthy organization.

If I had to guess the death rate is 5-10x even less than that.

benstrong26 said:
The worse flu seasons kill 60,000 people in the US and COVID-19 has killed 154,000 already.

Coronavirus has not killed 154,000 in US. This is a compete falsehood. That is a statistic fed to you by the radical left.
This statistic encompasses people who have died with Covid, it does not encompass how many people have died because of Covid. If i was a drunk driver, rammed into a pole, and was taken to the hospital, tested positive for Covid, then I would be considered a part of this statistic. This statistic is vastly inflated so hospitals can make money.

benstrong26 said:
I'm not sure where you got this from. Researchers have done simulations on what would happen if the population wore masks. In one simulation, 80% wearing masks did more to reduce COVID-19 transmission than a strict lockdown (w/o masks) did. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41790 ... ks-prevent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRa6t_e7dgI
Spoken from Fauci himself: "People should not be walking around with masks."

Studies that show face masks don't work:

Jacobs, J. L. et al. (2009) “Use of surgical face masks to reduce the incidence of the common cold among health care workers in Japan: A randomized controlled trial,” American Journal of Infection Control, Volume 37, Issue 5, 417 – 419. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19216002

N95-masked health-care workers (HCW) were significantly more likely to experience headaches. Face mask use in HCW was not demonstrated to provide benefit in terms of cold symptoms or getting colds.
bin-Reza et al. (2012) “The use of masks and respirators to prevent transmission of influenza: a systematic review of the scientific evidence,” Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 6(4), 257–267. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1750-2659.2011.00307.x

“There were 17 eligible studies. … None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”

Smith, J.D. et al. (2016) “Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks in protecting health care workers from acute respiratory infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” CMAJ Mar 2016 https://www.cmaj.ca/content/188/8/567

“We identified six clinical studies … . In the meta-analysis of the clinical studies, we found no significant difference between N95 respirators and surgical masks in associated risk of (a) laboratory-confirmed respiratory infection, (b) influenza-like illness, or (c) reported work-place absenteeism.”

Offeddu, V. et al. (2017) “Effectiveness of Masks and Respirators Against Respiratory Infections in Healthcare Workers: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, Volume 65, Issue 11, 1 December 2017, Pages 1934–1942, https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/65/11/1934/4068747

“Self-reported assessment of clinical outcomes was prone to bias. Evidence of a protective effect of masks or respirators against verified respiratory infection (VRI) was not statistically significant”; as per Fig. 2c therein:

Radonovich, L.J. et al. (2019) “N95 Respirators vs Medical Masks for Preventing Influenza Among Health Care Personnel: A Randomized Clinical Trial,” JAMA. 2019; 322(9): 824–833. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2749214

“Among 2862 randomized participants, 2371 completed the study and accounted for 5180 HCW-seasons. ... Among outpatient health care personnel, N95 respirators vs medical masks as worn by participants in this trial resulted in no significant difference in the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza.”

Long, Y. et al. (2020) “Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks against influenza: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” J Evid Based Med. 2020; 1- 9. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/jebm.12381

“A total of six RCTs involving 9,171 participants were included. There were no statistically significant differences in preventing laboratory-confirmed influenza, laboratory-confirmed respiratory viral infections, laboratory-confirmed respiratory infection, and influenza-like illness using N95 respirators and surgical masks. Meta-analysis indicated a protective effect of N95 respirators against laboratory-confirmed bacterial colonization (RR = 0.58, 95% CI 0.43-0.78). The use of N95 respirators compared with surgical masks is not associated with a lower risk of laboratory-confirmed influenza.”

benstrong26 said:
In America our economy is really hurting right now, and the idea that we could pretty much open everything back up safely if people wore masks makes it painful that people are putting up so much resistance to the idea.

We could open up the economy right now without any issues. No one is going to do it because there will be hysteria spread by our radical leftist news media.

And of course, the sheep will believe it.

What I found funny about COVID in the U.S was something that recently was discussed on Twitter :

People were signing up to get tested.
However the lines were long, they got bored and went home. The next day, someone called them, saying they tested positive (despite never getting tested)

Personally, whenever I read about COVID in the U.S, I cant stop thinking its the media trying to make Trump look bad. Even here in Greece, whenever I see an article talking about COVID in the U.S, the writer always makes a passive aggressive comment against the Donald and how he's handling things. I still cant forget how they twisted one of his speeches and make it sound like he suggested Americans consume chlorine. TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) will kill more people than COVID.

Finally, something about studies : I have a background understanding scientific literature regarding training and Nutrition. Depending on each person's biases, its easy to twist the results of almost any study and make it seem like it proves your case 100% or it disproves. And that's in training and nutrition studies. Health studies are more complex. Plus, even the researchers have their own biases (and thats without counting outside funding) and will mess up the numbers.

I'd say the same thing to bob there that someone once said to Andy on GLL

The time it takes to research and write out those sort of posts is an absolute waste of your time

Radical is right, this isn't worth arguing about, especially since we aren't going to agree on a set of facts.

I will add one thing about fascism though, it is absolutely important for a fascist government to have a strong economy. In order to gain power, you need support from the people. In order to gain support from the people, you need to prove that you are better than a democratically elected government. People who are struggling are more likely to revolt.

Back